Device pic on screen all the same

Here is the thing
On laptop using win 8.1 and vera ui5, all the device types show up as the default (?) blue button beside the on/off, temp,etc box there is a light bulb showing for intermatic contactor but that’s all.
On my iPad there is a descriptive pic different for all the different devices.

For the life of me,I can,t see how to change or what is wrong with the laptop settings or is it in the vera3 settings? But I have a veralite and vera3 and both are the same .

So what is the fix?

[quote=“5546doug, post:1, topic:185798”]Here is the thing
On laptop using win 8.1 and vera ui5, all the device types show up as the default (?) blue button beside the on/off, temp,etc box there is a light bulb showing for intermatic contactor but that’s all.

For the life of me,I can,t see how to change or what is wrong with the laptop settings or is it in the vera3 settings? But I have a veralite and vera3 and both are the same .

So what is the fix?[/quote]

The fix is to use an app and customize it to your liking for daily control. The WEB UI is great for setup but using it for everyday control is bulky.

Really tho the icons don’t show up if you are not on the same network or using a local connection I should say. I’m not sure if I should assume both your IPAD and your windows 8.1 is on the local network and logging in as local.

I use windows 8.1 with chrome and it works fine.

[quote=“5546doug, post:1, topic:185798”]Here is the thing

So what is the fix?[/quote]It sounds like you might be using Internet Explorer on your PC, while the iPad is using Safari or an app. Try using Firefox from your PC, it is the best browser with UI5. Chrome also works.

Edit: Here’s an old thread on this issue.

thanks for the replies guys!

Yes the icons show up on chrome, ei11 tripped me up again.
Will follow old thread and see what happens.

One last question

Can the logos be forced to show on EI 11 or just Chrome?

In order to make it work in IE11, you need to alter the files on Vera, as described in the linked post. This is something that I do not recommend to you.

Use Firefox or Chrome.