Device name in title

I have several Veras running ALTUI. It would be helpful if the title shown in the tab matched the Vera device name, e.g. “Vera Plus 1,” “Vera Plus 2” to be able to easily keep track of which system is which.

Thanks!

I think this is answered here:

I think you’ll find that the machine name is only stored on the Vera.com servers, and is not defined locally on the machine itself. Hence, I imagine, hard to do.[/quote]

Thanks!

I don’t care about the actual machine name, just the Vera device name for ALTUI. This is the user-supplied name on the Control page for the ALTUI device in Vera. I assume this is just an alphanumeric string stored locally. I’ve attached a screenshot.

Ah yes, that’s stored locally for each device. My misunderstanding.

I was not as clear as I might have been in the initial post. :slight_smile: Thanks for the replies!

[quote=“HSD99, post:1, topic:199018”]I have several Veras running ALTUI. It would be helpful if the title shown in the tab matched the Vera device name, e.g. “Vera Plus 1,” “Vera Plus 2” to be able to easily keep track of which system is which.

Thanks![/quote]

the ALTUI device name ( like most other device ) can be changed by changing the attribute name of the device. I’d prefer to let it like that ( free to the user to change )