Device does not appear to offer zwave Communications

Woke up today with No TV…powered down, turned on the TV, then got messages stating luup is taking too long, etc. Restored to a known good point in time, same results. Unplugged AD2USB to see if that was an issue, it was not. I do not know how to read the Vera LOG, but hope someone seeing this message can give me some insight.

I went in and stopped any plugin from auto updating, as that was an issue in the past. No difference.

The log file is too large to send, so I have it in Dropbox. It is ~10 MB. Appreciate any help :slight_smile:

Current Firmware: 1.7.1598
Latest Version : 1.7.1707
I do not upgrade when everything works fine, but now it is not working…

Here is the LOG:

Why is the file so big?
Why is it full of Lua code, like plugin dumps?
Do you have Verbose logging turned on? If so, I’d start by turning that off.

Edit: It would also be helpful to know what you’re asking about. The post’s title says “Device does not appear to offer zwave Communications” but then you’re talking about “luup is taking too long, etc”.

Z-Waver:

Thanks for the reply…

Device does not appear message was the error that I awoke to.
The larger issue is that the system is DOWN. Rebooting in a loop.

I have no idea why the log file is so big, and no idea why verbose logging is enabled, might it be because I enabled remote tech support this morning?

I have turned that off and re-started. I see that Vera support connected, and “solved” my problem, but all my devices and apps are now gone. When they restore, and I learn what the root cause was, I will share.

Thanks