Determine ALTUI version from Lua?

Hi amg0,

Is there a way to determine the exact ALTUI version from Lua? Right now the version variable only has the main version.

Reason I ask is for the Harmony Hub plugin. I found a method to make it work much better if you make some modification similar to Multi Switch and including the draw routines in the standard J_ALTUI_plugins.js. However, at that point the Harmony plugin should no longer try to register the plugin with ALTUI. So when I can check the version number that will include standard Harmony hub support, I can publish an update Harmony Hub plugin before that so it can work smoothly.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“reneboer, post:1, topic:194304”]Hi amg0,

Is there a way to determine the exact ALTUI version from Lua? Right now the version variable only has the main version.

Reason I ask is for the Harmony Hub plugin. I found a method to make it work much better if you make some modification similar to Multi Switch and including the draw routines in the standard J_ALTUI_plugins.js. However, at that point the Harmony plugin should no longer try to register the plugin with ALTUI. So when I can check the version number that will include standard Harmony hub support, I can publish an update Harmony Hub plugin before that so it can work smoothly.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

From lua , you can only get the backend version like “v1.70” in Version variable. if you need I can create a v1.71 or whatever version for your needs so you can differentiate.

( however, what you describe like modify JSON plug files like multiswitch is doing always felt a bit kludgy to me and frequently led me to problems … )

Thanks amg0,

I’ll do the prep work then and let you know. ?f we then can get it in a version with an updated backend version number I can make it work.

I hear what you say about rewriting the JSON files. It has indeed been a pain to get that working relative reliable. But with the static UI controls of the Vera GUI we’re stuck on that. If all there was to support was ALTUI it was a simple matter of a few lines of js code. Now I have close to 100 lines of LUA to generate just the jsons properly. :o

Cheers Rene