DENON AVR PLUG-IN HELP! Constant connect/disconnect on dashboard but working.

OK, hoping someone might know how to update the coding. Everything is working ok with the code allowing me to turn on, adjust volume, mute, and a few other options. However, the issue is around the constant disconnecting from the Vera. The plug-in will work for a couple hours then shows as disconnected on the Vera Dashboard. Once I play around with it I can get it back for another few hours and then it disconnects again.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

If it helps :
Running on UI7
Vera Edge

One addition to the previous post which might make this easier to solve…

I have noticed that even when the Vera UI7 Dashboard says the device is off-line the dashboard (and the iOS tool) still shows accurately whether the Denon is powered off or on. In addition, sometimes the MAIN device will show off-line but the ZONE 2 is on-line.

Thanks!

[quote=“asggold, post:1, topic:188325”]OK, hoping someone might know how to update the coding. Everything is working ok with the code allowing me to turn on, adjust volume, mute, and a few other options. However, the issue is around the constant disconnecting from the Vera. The plug-in will work for a couple hours then shows as disconnected on the Vera Dashboard. Once I play around with it I can get it back for another few hours and then it disconnects again.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

If it helps :
Running on UI7
Vera Edge[/quote]

This won’t be of much help to you, but I was having the same issue with VeraLite and UI5. I eventually realized that I never really used this plugin anyway, so I just uninstalled it.

I see the same issue, it will report the device not being connected for a few days at time, then be ok. Even when its disconnected it seems to update the status of the receiver correctly however.

bk

Hi all
You can try manually installing the version here [url=http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_denon-receiver-control/changeset/104/branches/UI5Update?old_path=%2F&format=zip]Diff from /@104 to branches/UI5Update@104 – Denon Receiver Control Plugin and see if that helps.

@zoot1612

Thanks. I believe those were the files I used to manually create in the first place. I pulled them from a topic I was on with you a few months back. I will double check to see if any of them have been updated since the last download but at first glance I don’t think so.

Just really strange the plug-in knows when the receiver is on or off and what the settings are on the receiver but it still shows as not connected and will not receive commands (depending on the day). ???

Only additional question I had is if there is an easy way to re-label some of the buttons? For Example: The DVR button does not work for the DVR. So, I wanted to change the buttons to show what they actually control.

If it helps, I am using UI7.

@asggold

Only additional question I had is if there is an easy way to re-label some of the buttons? For Example: The DVR button does not work for the DVR. So, I wanted to change the buttons to show what they actually control.

The names in the static json file are parsed from the AVR so you would have to change them on the AVR itself than change the “Setup” value to “0” under the main device advanced tab. Once this is done restart the luup engine.

By the way the DVR button should work unless you have made changes since original setup, if not can you send me the logs so I can have a look at what is going on.

Just really strange the plug-in knows when the receiver is on or off and what the settings are on the receiver but it still shows as not connected and will not receive commands (depending on the day). ???

Check the value of “CommFailure” under the main device advanced tab, it should be “0”. it is possible that device has lost communication and set this to “1” and comms has been re-established!
CommFailure

VeraEdge & UI7: I have an X1000 and a X2100W running for a couple of days; no apparent disconnects.