Delivery of EZLO plus

Maybe. I see no way to check firmware version on my EZLO plus. I also don’t see an option for updating.

To check the firmware:

go to settings
then customer care

Under Product version the following will be listed:
app version, controller, firmware, and connection status

1 Like

Sight revision. It was under tech support not customer care, but I found it.

Yup, it’s Settings>Customer Care for Android, Settings>Tech Support for iOS.

So the Current Vera Plus supports camera (actually the one I purchase from Vera) years ago -they are foscams clones. I guess not supported So I need to replace the cameras? to run on the newer EZLO PLUS? I guess still waiting on Basic functions of the devices that are Paired… I have 2 Devices fully functional !!! whoop whoop!! I have one simple scene built also. Maybe the end of year 2021 I can move the rest 89% to Ezlo. Looking forward

1 Like

Hello @fredthetiredman

The Ezlo controllers will support the new generation of the VistaCam starting with the 702 (Which has been included already).

Previous VistaCam models like 700, 1101, 1000 will not be included in the new Ezlo platform.

You can find more information in our FAQ article: New Ezlo Platform FAQ

How about other IP-Cam brands? Is there a plan to support other cams than the VistaCams? I’m not going to replace all my cams (all Foscam).

Hello @Odysee

You can double-check the integration requests done so far at this link Tell us which integrations you want us to make for the EZLO PLATFORM please

Also, in case you can’t find your devices, you can also create a new integration request following this link Service Desk

At this moment, we can’t tell for sure which cameras (Besides the newer VistaCam models) will work with the Ezlo controllers, but we’re always open to suggestions.

That seems to contradict the FAQ you linked to which promises “The new Ezlo platform is designed to do everything the Vera platform can do.”

Where is the breakdown or limitation that prevents the new controllers from handling older camera models? Is this an insurmountable technical hurdle or just an internal decision?

1 Like

It is designed to do everything the Vera platform can do. It will operate with all commercially available Zwave and Zigbee devices.

In all honesty, we have not been informed whether this is a technical limitation or internal decision. That said here’s an integration request I just created for the VistaCam previous generation cameras (700, 1000, 1101) that are still commercially available, so they get integrated in the Ezlo platform:

https://jira.mios.com/projects/ECS/queues/issue/ECS-534

You can also create your own device and feature integration requests like the one above using this option here in the forum:

2 Likes

Did this get done?

Hi Fred,

If asking about this integration request for the previous generation VistaCam cameras (700, 1000, 1101), no, it is not yet done since it is blocked by another issue which is not to be disclosed. It may take days, weeks, or months, not sure how long to be honest since there is no ETA or due date posted on the internal tickets.

Cheers!

All ticket seem to dragging for months end!?!! I was hoping with the “announced man power” and the “promise of integrations” things would speed up!!??! - doesnt seem like it! :-\

Thank you for your feedback, Fred. More than speeding up, it is to not slow down as much. We are doing all we can, as fast as we can.

Will the apps or UI for this controller have feature parity with Vera at some point? For instance, with door locks I can only enter or remove a code but not add a schedule to it if I want to grant a temporary code to someone?

Not only parity, but should exceed with new functionality.

@melih - sounds good - given the lock example is this just a waiting for the UI and firmware maturity over a period of time? I apologize I may have missed where the priority/feature list is if it’s published.

Indeed. Issues are being ironed out and integrations being made every day and released through regular firmware upgrades. It is a brand new platform, so it takes time to come to a more stable experience.

No worries about it. Here’s the thread where the integration requests are posted:

I’m assuming Ezlo Atom and the hub run the same software?

Honestly everything that was available from Vera controller is missing from Ezlo when it comes to lock control. Are these types of updates something we should be expected to wait months for or is there a specific location to report this as maybe there is just something going on with my system?

2 Likes