Delivery of EZLO plus

Nice :+1:. I wonder if you used any plugins before?

I did use a few but I can do without them. System, battery, and event managers are used on the vera plus.

My vera plus only has one window covering still assigned to it. That window blind is really high and I’m not climbing that ladder any time soon to escape/include it.

Hello, @Grwebster I just sent you an update through email informing the delivery status of your unit. Ticket#244610

Thanks. I need to go to post office to see if it has arrived.

1 Like

Got it. Have added to my wifi. Took a while to get it connected well and move one motion sensor over. The first time I tried to get the hub going, it would alternate between blue and flashing amber. I was able to connect sometimes and not others. Removed and reconnected and it is solid now. Tried to rename it, and it went offline again. Where is the best thread to talk about challenges and other items?

Hello @Grwebster,
In case you want to review the FAQ of the new Ezlo platform access this link New Ezlo Platform FAQ. You can also check the current threads about the Ezlo controllers at the following link Ezlo Edge Computers - Ezlo Community.
However, in case you are experiencing issues with the Ezlo Plus, send us an email to support@ezlo.com and we will address the issue.
Regards,

Thanks very mich

I have paired one device. I am Ok without the direct interface for now. I paired a motion sensor OK. Need to pair my Kwikset lock, but I don’t see it on the capability list. Until I know I don’t want to even try it.

Hi @Grwebster

If your lock is a Kwikset 888, 910, 914C, or 916, it should work with your Ezlo Plus, just please make sure the hub is within 6 feet line of sight of the lock for a better response during exclusion and inclusion procedures:

Here’s one of our videos showing the inclusion, use, and exclusion procedures for a Kwikset 910:

1 Like

That’s great! I’ll give it a try!

1 Like

So Far I was able to only Pair 1 of the 15 devices tried. This unit is still giving issues and just NOT READY!! The unit continues to go off line and back online constantly!!! This is very annoying almost a conflict with the Vera Plus!>!!! After I full week a get a “second tier” response… bad units?!?

lets try to address your issues one by one please.
Are you having problem Pairing?

thanks.

Yes and I have worked HOURS with your Tech support!?!! Right now I have given up on this EZLO plus product - I am currently traveling on Business (at least Next week). The process to take my working Zwave units off the VERA PLUS -excluding them- resetting to factory defaults (if modified) -THEN attempting to add them to the EZLO Plus on my 3 inch smartphone screen,DOES workout well!?!! I can (and have) then need to revert the Zwave devices units BACK to VERA plus and rebuild the scenes I use. This is very annoying and disappointing at the very least.

If your devices are integrated, then there is no reason for them not to work. Sometimes devices cause issues because they have issue unpairing/pairing.

Lets get to the bottom of this for you asap. Please ping us when you are ready again.

Hi @fredthetiredman,
Can you send please the serial number of your unit and p/n of devices you tried to include?
Just sent you message in pm.

Thanks.

I had this issue the first couple of times I tried to add mine, and it appeared to be related to changing the name of the controller. In any case there is no way you’re not going to be successful with the controller doing that. I have my lock added along with one motion sensor, but having trouble with a door sensor. Not sure it excluded properly though. Vera had a lot of well integrated devices and quite a range of plugins that will take a while to get going on the EZLO Plus

Actually, happy to report Ezlo has more integrated devices than Vera!

That Probably the issue for the devices either NOT Pairing and or NOT function correctly- This is A VERY VERY good reason to wait for adoption for this platform?!!! I mean Really no GUI?!??.

Can you explain the “name issues” I do have them Named differently…(vera Plus and EZLO)

You are claiming this…you are wrong…also falsely claiming no GUI…again wrong…and advising people against it…

I have asked you exactly what the issue is trying to help you as we genuinely care about our users.

You haven’t responded…but still talking negatively about the platform.
What is your intention?
To solve the issues you are having
or
To advice others not to use the platform?

Maybe so, but not my Kwikset lock 916 in the way I was expecting. It does open and close, but no control of codes, and no way to use it as a trigger to do actions. So while you may consider it integrated, it is not as well integrated as it was was in the Vera system.