Deleting variables corrupting data?

Hi amg0,

I am developing a new plugin and as always you end up with a couple of variables you no longer need. When trying to delete them on the Variables screen, their values got removed, but the variables them self are not removed. What I did see is that values of other variables got changed/wiped.

I can reproduce this. Running on openLuup, latest Firefox on Win10 with latest ALTUI version. Open the Variables page, click delete on two or three variables, click save. Re-open the variables and things look wrong.

If you want me to test a bit more let me know.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“reneboer, post:1, topic:198456”]Hi amg0,

I am developing a new plugin and as always you end up with a couple of variables you no longer need. When trying to delete them on the Variables screen, their values got removed, but the variables them self are not removed. What I did see is that values of other variables got changed/wiped.

I can reproduce this. Running on openLuup, latest Firefox on Win10 with latest ALTUI version. Open the Variables page, click delete on two or three variables, click save. Re-open the variables and things look wrong.

If you want me to test a bit more let me know.

Cheers Rene[/quote]
first, do it one by one from the variable dialog box. each one may / should trigger a reload and you need to wait for it, or simply delete the value and go into misc / debug / fix device states
are you sure it is not a openluup bug ? I do use it on vera successfully, have you tried on VERA ?
in fact ALTUI just sends a ModifyUserData for the device, with all the device variables reordered and it is exactly one piece of code on openluup side that akbooer has to review due to recent changes I had to due because of new firmware security hardening

[code] function modifyDevice( device, cbfunc)
{
var target = {};
target.devices={};
target.devices["devices
"+device.id]={
states:[]
};

// build state map with unique ID for states
	var states_arr = target.devices["devices_"+device.id].states;	
	var n=0;
	$.each(device.states, function(idx,state) {
		if ( state.value.toString()!="") {
			state.id = n++;
			states_arr.push(state)
		}
	});

return _ModifyUserData( target, function(result) {
		if (result==null) {
			PageMessage.message( "Modify Device action failed!", "warning" );				
		}
		else {
			PageMessage.message( "Modify Device succeeded! a LUUP reload will happen now, be patient", "success" );			
		}
		if ($.isFunction(cbfunc))
			(cbfunc)(result);
	});		
};

[/code]
and the modify user data does

return $.ajax({ url: url, type: "POST", contentType: "application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8", data: { id:'lu_action', serviceId:'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1', action:'ModifyUserData', DataFormat:'json', inUserData: JSON.stringify(target) } })

Yes, an openLuup version mismatch with AltUI changes.

Discussed here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,55598.msg343277.html#msg343277

Still work in progress for the two action noted in @amg0’s response there.

openLuup issues are best addressed on the openLuup sub-board, but sometimes it’s hard to tell!

I believe this problem to be fixed in the latest development version 18.1.31

Please let me know, either way!

Thanks guys, I’ll update openLuup and report back.

Cheers Rene

Hi,

I updated openLuup from the dev branch and it works now.

Cheers Rene

Yah! Thanks for letting us know.