Daylight saving time issue, 1 hour late!

Today, after the time changed last night, I have issues with the sunset time.

I live in The Netherlands and yesterday my garden lights went on at 19.15, which is correct. Last night time changed at 2.00 to 3.00 and today the lights in the garden went on at 21:17, which is 1 hour too late. As they should turn on at 20:17.

Anyone else having issues with daylight saving time? And how to solve this?

My Vera Plus is stating the correct time OK.

Try rebooting your Vera hub it will pick up the correct time from the time servers.

To check I SSH in to my Vera hub and type the command “date”.

I don’t have the issue (living in the Netherlands). I have tested it because another user ran into a “time” issue and I suspected that might be due to DST. So I tested all kind off changes regarding time but no strange results. It behaves as expected. Next to cw-kid’s advice also check the time zone setting.

Checked all, time is OK. Also via SSH. Couldbe a bug in Reactor (app). Going to at a scene and Reactor action to turn on something at Suset. See what happens.

Hi, Maybe this is a Vera issue and not a Reactor issue, but today, after the time changed last night I have issues with the sunset time.

I live in The Netherlands and yesterday my garden lights went on at 19.15, which is correct. Last night time changed at 2.00 to 3.00 and today the lights in the garden went on at 21:17, which is 1 hour too late.

Anyone else having issues with daylight saving times?

Checked the time via SSH, and that’s correct. Maybe a bug in Reactor? In the meantime I rebooted my veraedge.

Going to add a scene and rector action to turn on something at sunset and see what happens.

Hello @VeraEdger

You can try to set a different timezone and then go back to the original timezone you currently had, this is to make sure the correct setting is set to the controller.

Also, under Settings → Location, check that the latitude and longitude of your address are correct.

Well it seems a reboot fixed it all!

1 Like