Dashboard display different controller than the user ID should allow

When I first got this old Ezlo hub and set it up here, it was showing up in web UI7 in list just like my Vera Edge controllers but had “connect” on the button, and I could configure it. I got a firmware update that killed that. I can not do it anymore it was months ago. I had one account with many controllers and admins but that became a problem with notifications to users that were not listed as users on the controller that was spamming them low battery messages.

I have since created multiple email addresses and one admin for each of many controllers, that is why I was shocked when got auto logged in to an account admin for a remote controller but the dashboard was a local controller registered to different user all together. That started this thread.

Is this still the case or was the problem about dashboard being logged in separately with another user ?

I assume this is still the case I think I posted a video unless you support techs have made changes to this.

In the video , the ezlogic is already logged in with a user. And it does not show that user.
And you log in to dashboard with another user. When you log in it shows the controller of that user correctly.
However when you re-click the dashboard, it uses the SSO mechanism and forces the dashboard to re-login with the user of ezlogic , and then the dashboard user changes. Then you see the controller of changed user.
So behaviour is as expected.

The issue is you need to always use the dashboard from ezlogic menu. try to logout completely from ezlogic “logout” button. And re-login. It will always automatically log the dashboard in with the same user.

1 Like

“And when you login to Ezlogic and the Dashboard for the remote offsite controller the dashboard is showing the wrong devices off the wrong controller that being the one that is local”

Exactly, watch my video, I login with “support2629” an account for device with that serial number, I navigate a couple clicks then back to the dashboard magically it is substituted with the local controller’s dashboard and go look the serial changed, no logout or back in and the user “support2629” is not even authorized to see that controller. See it goes from 5 cameras to 3 cameras.

Here is the current state of play to my knowledge.

1. Vera UI7 web UI (desktop site) When locally connected to your Vera hub, obviously no Ezlo hubs or devices from an Ezlo hub are shown any where.
  2. home.getvera.com which is the cloud relay web page for Vera hubs, will show any Ezlo hubs also, but they say offliine and you cannot connect to them. These should be hidden and removed by the devs.
  3. The Vera mobile app can currently show Ezlo hubs under My Controllers and you can connect to them, this is not recommend and that functionality will be removed.
  4. Mios app should be used instead for Ezlo hubs on mobile devices.
  5. The new Ezlogic web UI at ezlogic.mios.com does not show Vera hubs or devices from Vera hubs in its UI or on the new dynamic dashboard UI.
  6. The Ezlo dynamic dashboard is actually a separate web app and has its own login. The two are usually auto linked with SSO token. However it looks like Vera hubs are shown in the dashboard app, but only in the “Accounts” section / area as shown above in that screen shot. They should be removed from being displayed here. The Ezlo dashboard cannot display device tiles for devices paired on a Vera firmware hub.
  7. As the Ezlo dashboard is a separate web app you can also access it here on its own ezlodashboard.mios.com
  8. Neither mobile app Vera or Mios should be used for creating or editing the new Meshbot rules (scenes) yet anyway, always use the Ezlogic web GUI for doing stuff with Meshbot rules. EDIT: I’ve been told this is fixed now, it did cause corruption in the Meshbot rules if editing them in the mobile apps. Needs testing more maybe.

Anything else I missed? No wonder it can get confusing for users !

You might look at this it auto logs in with a specific user and I check the serial. I just navigate the page and it reloads to a different user? automatically?

@cw-kid

Not ALL of them are correct. Let me phrase it correctly

1. Vera UI7 web UI (desktop site) When locally connected to your Vera hub, obviously no Ezlo hubs or devices are shown any where.
    Correct.

2. home.getvera.com which is the cloud relay web page for Vera hubs, will show any Ezlo hubs also, but they say offliine and you cannot connect to them. These should be hidden and removed by the devs.
    Agreed. We will do it asap. Or we will redirect them to ezlogic for better.

3. The Vera mobile app can currently show Ezlo hubs under My Controllers and you can connect to them, this is not recommend and that functionality will be removed.
    We don’t recommend this, and recommend MiOS app where you can do much more, like creating cloud meshbots, or using labels with meshbots etc… It may be removed in the long term.

4. Mios app should be used instead for Ezlo hubs on mobile devices.
    Absolutely

5. The new Ezlogic web UI at ezlogic.mios.com does not show Vera hubs or devices from Vera hubs in its UI or on the new dynamic dashboard UI.
    Correct

6. The Ezlo dynamic dashboard is actually a separate web app and has its own login. The two are usually auto linked with SSO token. However it looks like Vera hubs are shown in the dashboard app, but only in the “Accounts” section / area as shown above in that screen shot. They should be removed from being displayed here.
    Agreed. Will be done asap.Sorry for the confusion

7. As the Ezlo dashboard is a separate web app you can also access it here on its own ezlodashboard.mios.com
    That is for internal purposes. You should always use ezlogic login to use the dashboard.

8. Neither mobile app Vera or Mios should be used for creating or editing the new Meshbot rules (scenes) yet anyway, always use the Ezlogic web GUI for doing stuff with Meshbot rules.
    You should be able to use BOTH MOBILE and WEB apps to use all features of Meshbots at all times. MiOS app is the recommended one. Vera app is not being updated as you know. If some feature is not supported in one of the platforms, it should not break the functionality. If it breaks it is a bug and will be addressed immediately. So please do not hesitate to use both platforms for meshbots.

yes. Thats the expected behaviour. You should be using the dashboard from ezlogic.

This makes sense. So if you ensure you do not use the Dashboard apps login function. But instead ensure you log out of Ezlogic web UI, bottom of the main menu on the left and then log back in to it with the desired user for the offsite / remote controller, does it not work then as expected @focusedcoder

so what is the correct website url to prevent this?
and how does this the “ezlogic is already logged in with a user. And it does not show that user.”

I think the answer is don’t use the dashboard app login at all, so don’t click that little man icon in the top right hand corner.

Instead if already logged in use the logout at the bottom of the main menu on the left. You will then see a login screen like this.

Login with the desired user, that will log you in to the ezlogic web UI and it will also auto login the same user account to the dashboard app via SSO token.

I will have to test this and see, that “double” login effect of dashboard vs ? mios? im not clear on the correct vernacular.

I saw the same thing you described earlier, I logged in to Ezlogic with my regular main user account (user1). I then clicked the man icon and logged out on the dashboard apps “Account” page and logged into the dashboard app with a second user account (user2). On the dashboard I then saw the devices for that second account / controller.

However at this point I was logged into ezlogic as user 1 and dashboard app as user2

But if I navigated away from the dashboard tiles page to another area of the menu and then when I went back to the dashboard page again, it was then showing the devices for the first controller (user1). So as Osman said it has auto logged back in to the dashboard app with the user account that ezlogic was logged in as.

It seems confusing but it is expected behaviour. They could maybe remove that man icon altogether to stop that confusion @osman ?

So if you do what I said in my last post above I think it should start working as you expect ? Let us know.

Agreed. We will modify dashboard part.

I see that now I just reproduced it logging out on the left bottom of the dashboard ensures both interfaces are on the same user!

So its working now as you expected ?

And regarding your Vera Edge issues perhaps @slapfrost can contact you and create a support ticket.

Yes! cw- it works as expected thank you guys for the learning curve problems I am having.

I just log out on the button left of the dashboard, solves the combined dashboard effect I was experiencing I thought I logged out! just bad choice of location to log out on MY part.

I would never have figured that out! so basically there are two accounts different users/different controllers kinda like two frames in one page. uhm wow. I see the benefit of that system.

Thanks again for everyone’s help in understanding this new interface! Most single sign on users will enjoy this but multiple account users ( probably a few ) like me just got educated on the feature if they find this thread.

The support team is scheduled to call to attempt recovery of the older Vera Edge controller following another thread or if they have some ideas.

Sounds good right? So support have already made contact with you?

I think your Vera Edge controller issues are just bad timing and coincidence and not related to what you were doing in the new Ezlo software.

I know in the past I’ve had some issues with “bricked” Vera controllers, usually through my own fault, but I do know that the backup and restore for the Vera hubs is very good and worked for me every time I screwed something up.

Except in all the years using Vera hubs I only ever had one actually bricked controller and that was my fault powering it OFF when I should not have done so, when it was updating its firmware on first startup / installation.

I really thought I did something. I agree that it was just “bad timing” this unit happen to just fail on the same day of my mother’s passing. I accepted it as a sign from above. The unit is now recovered after a prompt consult, they fixed it! Thanks to the support team’s efforts and kindness the unit is recovered. I was even able to run my first XP virtual machine! Why it failed when it failed for me personally, I saw it as just “bad timing” placed in the X-Files. :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes