Dashboard display different controller than the user ID should allow

Well like I mentioned I saw it listed down on the right I believed should have screen shotted it. My vera edge on this same lan is not just showing a no power light, solid wifi and service and internet just flashing. I know there used to be a MAC method to get the IP to recover but I dont know what firmware was on it. Its down.

So as test if you turn off the local controller then everything works as you expect and the remote offsite controllers devices are then shown on the dashboard instead?

That is right, I just unplugged my local EzLo Plus controller, logged in with the account for a remote Ezlo Plus site and got that controller correctly displayed.

At some point in all of this my old Edge controller gave up the ghost. Just happens to also be on this lan. Its a sad day :frowning:

I wouldn’t panic just yet, the old Vera controllers are very good at saving backups up to the cloud and they are good again when a backup is restored.

Hopefully that is, if its not an actual hardware fault.

Someone from support should contact you soon about these issues.

@focusedcoder

Can you give more information and/or screenshots or recordings on how and where from you are trying to reach your controllers.
It looks like a cache issue on the browser to show you the previously logged in account.
Also the auto-dill issue is not on the web appi it is a browser feature. After you turn it off , does it still auto fills ?

Down on the right where?

Did we talk in another thread maybe ?

home.getvera.com is to be used for the old Vera firmware controllers only.

However that page does show any Ezlo controllers on that same user account, but they will be offline and not accessible.

@osman we asked if they could be hidden from view altogether as its confusing for users.

Also note if using Chrome browser you need to change a setting now in the browser for the re-direct to work see here.

And obviously for local Vera firmware controllers you can just enter the Vera controllers local LAN IP into the browser to access the Vera UI7 web UI like this: http://192.168.0.101/cmh/#devices

ezlogic.mios.com

Is to be used for new Ezlo firmware controllers. And that is the new Ezlogic web UI and Ezlo Dynamic Dashboard.

In here you can see your controllers connected to the logged in user account by going to Settings - Controllers on the main menu on the left.

And for mobile apps you should be using the old Vera mobile app for Vera firmware controllers and the new Mios app for Ezlo firmware controllers ideally. See here for links.

Also note you can login to the Ezlo dashboard on its own without the rest of the Ezlogic web UI site around it. By using this URL

https://ezlodashboard.mios.com

Well I can not reproduce it now this Vera Edge is bricked. It was in the Ezlo dashboard offline im almost sure of it.

my new ezlos were in the UI7 dashboard for a while before they got a firmware update I could even open them.

If I ever unbrick the edge I can examine it again. Im still wondering about the LAN issue cross showing my local EzLo Plus vs the one the account should have accessed. that was not a cache issue.

reserved fhghjhhhj

Oh wow "Ezlo dashboard on its own without the rest of the Ezlogic web UI "

Yeah so maybe that is why I have two URLS and duplicate usernames and passwords in my Edge wallet, one for both of those URLS.

I clicked it and you see here thats the serial of a old Vera Edge showing there its a remote site only a Vera Account but im logged into Mios with it, my now bricked Vera Edge was listed here as well.

I dont wanna mess with it Im scared it might get corrupted.

OK I see what you mean now. Yes it seems Vera firmware hubs are listed in the Ezlo Dynamic Dashbord account screen, that is where your screen shot is showing.

My two Vera firmware hubs appear in that area also. However it should be nothing to worry about and that won’t be any cause of the Vera Edge now being bricked I don’t think.

“Vera firmware hubs are listed in the Ezlo Dynamic Dashbord”

Yes and we see it Vice Versa with Ezlo Hubs in UI7

But the Ezlo dashboard itself will not show or display any devices from a Vera firmware hub on the tiles. Despite the fact that it does seem to be listing the Vera hubs serial number(s) in that account page you just did a screen shot of. I know it seems confusing Ezlo really need to make it less so.

Can you do a screen shot of that? I have never seen Ezlo firmware hubs in the old Vera UI7 web UI (desktop browser)

Or are you talking about the Vera mobile app because that is different. The Vera mobile app currently can and does show Ezlo hubs and you can connect to them, that will be removed at some point.

Again its confusing. Mios app is recommended for actual use with Ezlo hubs.

When I first got this old Ezlo hub and set it up here, it was showing up in web UI7 in list just like my Vera Edge controllers but had “connect” on the button, and I could configure it. I got a firmware update that killed that. I can not do it anymore it was months ago. I had one account with many controllers and admins but that became a problem with notifications to users that were not listed as users on the controller that was spamming them low battery messages.

I have since created multiple email addresses and one admin for each of many controllers, that is why I was shocked when got auto logged in to an account admin for a remote controller but the dashboard was a local controller registered to different user all together. That started this thread.

Is this still the case or was the problem about dashboard being logged in separately with another user ?

I assume this is still the case I think I posted a video unless you support techs have made changes to this.

In the video , the ezlogic is already logged in with a user. And it does not show that user.
And you log in to dashboard with another user. When you log in it shows the controller of that user correctly.
However when you re-click the dashboard, it uses the SSO mechanism and forces the dashboard to re-login with the user of ezlogic , and then the dashboard user changes. Then you see the controller of changed user.
So behaviour is as expected.

The issue is you need to always use the dashboard from ezlogic menu. try to logout completely from ezlogic “logout” button. And re-login. It will always automatically log the dashboard in with the same user.

1 Like

“And when you login to Ezlogic and the Dashboard for the remote offsite controller the dashboard is showing the wrong devices off the wrong controller that being the one that is local”

Exactly, watch my video, I login with “support2629” an account for device with that serial number, I navigate a couple clicks then back to the dashboard magically it is substituted with the local controller’s dashboard and go look the serial changed, no logout or back in and the user “support2629” is not even authorized to see that controller. See it goes from 5 cameras to 3 cameras.

Here is the current state of play to my knowledge.

1. Vera UI7 web UI (desktop site) When locally connected to your Vera hub, obviously no Ezlo hubs or devices from an Ezlo hub are shown any where.
  2. home.getvera.com which is the cloud relay web page for Vera hubs, will show any Ezlo hubs also, but they say offliine and you cannot connect to them. These should be hidden and removed by the devs.
  3. The Vera mobile app can currently show Ezlo hubs under My Controllers and you can connect to them, this is not recommend and that functionality will be removed.
  4. Mios app should be used instead for Ezlo hubs on mobile devices.
  5. The new Ezlogic web UI at ezlogic.mios.com does not show Vera hubs or devices from Vera hubs in its UI or on the new dynamic dashboard UI.
  6. The Ezlo dynamic dashboard is actually a separate web app and has its own login. The two are usually auto linked with SSO token. However it looks like Vera hubs are shown in the dashboard app, but only in the “Accounts” section / area as shown above in that screen shot. They should be removed from being displayed here. The Ezlo dashboard cannot display device tiles for devices paired on a Vera firmware hub.
  7. As the Ezlo dashboard is a separate web app you can also access it here on its own ezlodashboard.mios.com
  8. Neither mobile app Vera or Mios should be used for creating or editing the new Meshbot rules (scenes) yet anyway, always use the Ezlogic web GUI for doing stuff with Meshbot rules. EDIT: I’ve been told this is fixed now, it did cause corruption in the Meshbot rules if editing them in the mobile apps. Needs testing more maybe.

Anything else I missed? No wonder it can get confusing for users !