Daily restrictions suddenly failing - Vera Plus & Weiser Smartcode 10 / Kwikset 914

I have been sucessfully using daily time restrictions with several of these locks with two different Vera Plus controllers for years. Suddenly today it seems nothing working.

I have tested at least a dozen times with different codes, intervals, etc.

If you setup a code with restriction and then try to entered outside of the allowd time window it will behave like an incorrect PIN at the door as expected; but curiously it will register a sucessful unlock (?!) at the controller; not PIN “entered outside of valid date range” which it used to.

Inside of the time windows it will undesireably behave like an incorrect PIN at the door; but again it will register a sucessful unlock (?!) in the controller logs.

If you try a code without restriction, and test, it works fine. If you add a restriction, it will stop working completely (even inside a valid window) at the door - basically it behaves the same as an “unused” one.

Time on the lock seems OK from the variables but I don’t know if those are properly read back from lock.

I am suspicious something might have been broken in the restriction code when it was altered about a year ago. However it is strange that restrictions still seemed to work up until very recently.

So is this just me? This seems to be occuring on both my controllers.

Best Home Automation shopping experience. Shop at getvera!

© 2021 Ezlo Innovation, All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Forum Rules