Crestron Support

Morning,

I hope this is the best location to post this…

Does anyone know if there is a Crestron module available to control the ivera device from a pro2/av2 Crestron processor?

Thanks

Dan

I am not sure if I understand your question so forgive me as I may be wrong.

iVera is an Application to control Vera through say, an iPhone. iVera is not a device as it is an application. As far as I know iVera can only control Vera made by MiCasaVerde.

I don’t know about the capability to control Vera through Crestron and I have no idea why you would even want to if you could afford a Crestron Home Automation System. lol.

However, I have seen this little device for a Crestron System to be able to control Z Wave devices so perhaps you could use it to make Vera a secondary controller?

http://www.zwaveproducts.com/Crestron-to-Zwave/CRESTRON-TO-ZWAVE-INTERFACE.html

I would be wary of the site too, I have seen some negative posts throughout various forums about their csr service/shipping.

I think he meant to say just “Vera” and I too doubt there is an official module as Crestron has been moving toward creating their own solutions and pushing those over 3rd party ones.

You could probably write code to trigger UPnP commands in Vera over the network and operate devices that way too, or the secondary controller option mentioned above.

You wouldn’t want to use the device found at:

I wrote the Crestron software for this device over four years ago, and it is woefully outdated and has been updated since 2008.

I have recently completed a new set of custom developed Crestron modules (and a companion Vera Plugin) for a client using the VERA 2 as the interface to the Z-Wave devices it controls. But at this point I’m not sure if there is really a demand for such capability.

I can send you a PDF that describes the Custom Crestron modules if you like.

Hello,

I would be interested in learning more about how you interfaced the Vera2 with your Crestron system.

I have a client who is looking for the same functionality. Did you have any trouble displaying real time feedback from motion sensors, temp sensors, light sensors, door locks, etc?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,

Alex

Hi CARDIFF

I will be very interested about your PDF.
Could you send me by E-mail
sebastien.caut@gmail.com

thanks

Cardiff,

I am interested in your module.

Please email me at bdgarcia@gmail.com

[quote=“CARDIFF, post:4, topic:167768”]You wouldn’t want to use the device found at:

I wrote the Crestron software for this device over four years ago, and it is woefully outdated and has been updated since 2008.

I have recently completed a new set of custom developed Crestron modules (and a companion Vera Plugin) for a client using the VERA 2 as the interface to the Z-Wave devices it controls. But at this point I’m not sure if there is really a demand for such capability.

I can send you a PDF that describes the Custom Crestron modules if you like.[/quote]

Hi Cardiff,

i,m also interested in your crestron module
coould you please send it to me ?

fvw_75@hotmail.com

thnx

Hi Cardiff,
I would love to check out that module too if you don’t mind.
Thanks!

brianfarst@hotmail.com

Unfortunately, you may not get a response back from CARDIFF as he/she has not been active on the forum for over a year. Also considering that the link is dead, the changes of getting access to the software are also very slim.

• Garrett

Anyone had any luck with this?

I would love to integrate my Vera and Crestron together :slight_smile:

[quote=“CARDIFF, post:4, topic:167768”]I have recently completed a new set of custom developed Crestron modules (and a companion Vera Plugin) for a client using the VERA 2 as the interface to the Z-Wave devices it controls. But at this point I’m not sure if there is really a demand for such capability.

I can send you a PDF that describes the Custom Crestron modules if you like.[/quote]

I think there would be a few people interested in this, i know 2 personally.

Would you or anyone else here be willing to share any modules or details with the community?

I currently have some working modules to control some switches, dimmers, and scenes. (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,14079.0.html) However, the feedback is the issue.

Is anyone familiar enough with programming Lua that would be able to help write a plugin to push feedback to a Crestron processor? I am a hardware guy and not good with programming at all other than some basics.

Thanks in advance!

Any way to get a copy of those files? I cant create an account over at the micasaverde.com site

MicasaVerde Demo.zip (24.1 KB)
heres the file from MCV just downloaded it for you

Thank you very much!!!

Did you get any feedback from the light switches using this module?.

Any help will be appreciate

Best Regards

Sorry can’t help, never used module. I just copied the file from old forum to this one.