Credentials being refused

I have the same issue as the others. It started at 11am on Oct-5th. Is there a reliable alternative since it seems this plugin may have reached a dead end?

What have others done? I don’t want to uninstall in case a fix comes along, but I don’t want to see VERA complaining all the time with the consequential luup reloads & hit on performance. Is it time to remove this plug-in?

I’m still waiting holding out that it can be fixed. But my Vera is doing the same thing. I think it’s even impacting the speed as the web interface is even slower since this started. .

I migrated off of Vera. Vera’s built in geofencing was awful, so iPhoneLocator was the best alternative. iPhoneLocator had this problem back in August, and fixed itself after 3 or 4 days. Now, two months later, it’s been down for a month now. I started looking for alternatives as soon as that outage happened, and I’m glad I did.

I think it’s safe to say that Apple did something on the back end that isn’t compatible with the implementation.

An option you could use if you just want to know when you are home is the IP tracker (can’t remember the name). Use it as a trigger for when you arrive. You’d need to assign a static IP address for your phone, but if the phone goes to sleep, it may not stay on, and trick your instance into thinking you are away. Not ideal, but if you want to stay on Vera, it’s something you could try.

For all intents and purposes, many of the Vera plugin’s are vapeware. The developers have moved on to other platforms, and aren’t supporting them anymore or sporadically.

I did try setting my house alarm PLEG by using the IP Ping/WOL plugin to work out if I’m on WiFi but it was incredibly unreliable as the iPhone deep sleeps. In the end I used a combination of the Ping and iPhone Locator plug-ins which worked really well. If I go off WiFi the PLEG would unmute the iPhone Locator and poll it, and if the location was still home, mute it again until next time, or if the location came back as away from home, it would set my alarm and again mute the iPhone locator until I was back on WiFi, when it would poll it and mute it again. That way my Google API and Apple API calls were minimal, with no polls taking place when away I am away from home or when I’m home on WiFi - shame that’s no longer a solution as I have used it for years without problems

I know that the day is coming for me to obsolete the Vera and go with something else. However, when they announced the plan to discontinue the units I bought a few and kept them as backups and would like to keep going as long as I can. My wife will not tolerate me spending tons more time on some new platform that does things, as she puts it, “that a non-terribly lazy human can accomplish by simply getting up and flipping a switch the old fashioned way”. She, however, does not appreciate some of the stuff it accomplishes… for example if a smoke detector is triggered, I turn on all the lights, turn off things that make noise (like TVs) and start playing a message through amazon echo and send out notifications.

That day of requiring to change will come, but just hoping it’s not that soon. I don’t even know what I would use, did you switch to the new ezlo or something else? I haven’t checked in a while, but is there at least an easy path to migrate some of the basics (like zwave setup, devices, scenes) from a vera to an ezlo?

For the iphone plugin, I had some pretty elaborate reactor rules setup, e.g. if my kids phones were below a certain battery level and far enough away from the house I triggered some actions, etc.

@mikoz Mikoz, I’ll PM you re my experience.

If you log into iCloud you can now set " App-Specific Passwords" might it be possible to use the credentials generated by " App-Specific Passwords" to get around the forced 2factor auth for the normal apple login? I did generate and " App-Specific Password" and tried it in the iPhone Locator but no joy, i assume the app would need to be re-configured to use a specific api

1 Like