Creating new devices

I have 2 sonos players and one bridge… do I just create two sonos devices and point them to each of my players?

Yes, one device for each player. Each will have a different IP.

Do you need the bridge even?

Yep, thanks…I know the 2 IP addresses so I went ahead and created 2 devices. Thanks.

As for the bridge? I don’t know…I plugged it in in the beginning and have no idea what it does, so, who knows.

[quote=“johnes, post:3, topic:190834”]Yep, thanks…I know the 2 IP addresses so I went ahead and created 2 devices. Thanks.

As for the bridge? I don’t know…I plugged it in in the beginning and have no idea what it does, so, who knows.[/quote]

Years ago it was required as it connects your sonos to your internet/network.

Sonos—>wifi—>bridge—>hardwired to internet router

Now a days

Sonos—>wifi—>internet router

Only time you may need a bridge is lets say you have sonos in a back detached garage and you have an internet wire back there but your wifi in the house doesn’t reach that far. Now you can plug your bridge in to the internet back there and it broadcasts it own wifi back there to be able to reach the sonos. If you have you sonos bridge sitting next to your wifi router then its safe to say don’t need that bridge.

Ah…now it makes sense… the bridge ties into my wired network and the players connect to the bridge rather than my wifi direcly.

Do not create a device for the bridge.

I want to do this also but how should I create the new device for sonos?

Should I Do device → Add Device → ???

Please help. :slight_smile:

You have all the d?tails how to create a Sonos device in the plugin wiki page.

Thanks

http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_sonos-wireless-music-systems/wiki/WikiStart#

If you installed the plugin from the Marketplace and you are running UI7, an easier way to create an additional device is the following:

Open Apps menu; open My apps sub-menu.
Push the Details button in front of your Sonos plugin.
Push the Create another button.
Wait for the automatic reload, then refresh your Web browser cache (Ctrl+F5 in most of the browsers)