Cooper Aspire RF Master/Accessory Association

I have also had some problems keeping one master and 3 Auxiliary switches synced together. When you initially include the master switch and go to the Device Options Tab it is set to Group 255. I have changed that to Group 1. If I look at the View it shows Zwave checked. Should that box stayed checked for the Master switch?

Also :
“Associations You must leave automatically configure on before this works learn more”
Under the Settings Tab do you use “Use Default Behavior” or do you change it to yes ?

Question- is it possible to wire the RF9540 and the RF9542 in a three way configuration with travelers like in the diagram and have them work without being associated in the system?

[quote=“feinstaj, post:22, topic:174307”]Question- is it possible to wire the RF9540 and the RF9542 in a three way configuration with travelers like in the diagram and have them work without being associated in the system?[/quote]No, the RF9542 communicates with the master switch(RF9540) wirelessly via Z-Wave. It must therefore be programmed to know which master switch to communicate with. The only way to accomplish this programming is to associate the two switches with a Z-Wave controller such as a Vera or an Aeon Minimote.

After the switches have been included into a Z-Wave network and have been associated, the controller is no longer required. Associated switches will continue to function without a Z-Wave controller.

Edit: Cooper’s wiring diagrams are rather odd in that they show a line and traveler wire nutted together and being used in parallel. This is pointless. The red traveler in the diagrams could just as easily be capped off and not used.

Cooper only supports one association in Group 255, so changing it to 1 is the right move.

I’ve been wrestling with this and the Vera associations page is terrible – it usually takes me 2-3 tries before the correct devices (the ones checked) show up in the “Set” list. (One of the ones it incorrectly added was the load-monitoring outlet used to make sure the fridge door wasn’t left open. That wasn’t pleasant).

How I got around the accessory switch not showing the correct load issue, is using the Advanced Editor in the scene to set the light level of the aux remote

Folks here is as full as a solution as I could get to keep you Cooper master and aux switches and dimmers in sync. Hope it helps! http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=31000.msg222690#msg222690