Controlling Media Centers with SQ Remote

Hi All. I posted a couple of notes on our Facebook page that describe how to get SQ Remote working using a webview with Squeezebox server and XBMC.

The Squeezebox solution gives you an in-app control over music, internet radio, your playlists etc.

The XMBC solution gives you a swipe/gesture pad for control of XMBC.

Hope you find it useful

John

hey thats pretty nice… long live xbmc!

Have just bought the SQ Remote App and am a little disappointed that I can’t seem to find a button to change the volume of the squeezebox’s through a simple av button, I thought that I would be a ble to do this as the devices are in Vera and I can do it in there. The only way I think I can do it is if I create a scene for every squeezebox volume up and down which seems crazy but from what I an work out there is no other option.

Am I right?

Are the squeezeboxes controlled via a 3rd party plugin in Vera? It might just happen that SQRemote does not support the 3rd party plugin and would need to be integrated into the app for support. 3rd party plugins are tricky when it comes to 3rd party apps for controlling Vera. Depending on how the developer coded the app, the developer would have to specifically add support for that plugin.

• Garrett

Well it’s the mcv developed app in Vera but its also completely controllable by luup code with socket connection. It does manage to completely control my onkyo receiver which is controlled by another plugin though. Both are upnp enabled too so probably easier if it was to bypass Vera and just control direct.

Looking at the code on code.mios.com, this plugin is very rudimentary. It exposes a small handful of media actions from the MCV set (Play, Pause,etc) that the SQBlaster will see, but none of the Power management (Discrete On/Off or TogglePower) or Volume control stuff from the MCV interfaces.

It does expose a rudimentary UPnP volume manager, but that’s it.

There was talk a few months back about merging the SB variant plugins, since they were each implementing fragments of the total picture, but not sure if that effort is moving forward or not.

I’m not actually using the blaster as I’m trying to go down the route where everything is controllable via network which the squeezeboxes are and this is how the plugin works, it’s just that these aren’t options available in sq remote, I don’t know whether that is a mcv thing or sqremote are not prepared to try to entertain every plugin, the question I have though is that many devices are not controllable via upnp and can just bypass Vera but I’m not sure they plan to incorporate this in the app as they are bringing out there own home controller. As for the squeezebox work I think ap15e was having lots to do with this but he’s obviously disappeared now.

[quote=“SquareConnectJohn, post:1, topic:169424”]Hi All. I posted a couple of notes on our Facebook page that describe how to get SQ Remote working using a webview with Squeezebox server and XBMC.

The Squeezebox solution gives you an in-app control over music, internet radio, your playlists etc.

The XMBC solution gives you a swipe/gesture pad for control of XMBC.

Hope you find it useful

John[/quote]

Hi

can i lower the size of the webview? use buttons (SQ Remote native + the webview on the same window?

or just add buttons?

John!

On the XBMC ?get more? option i don’s see a list of available Confluence TOUCH ME! skin!