Controlling Kitchen Extractor

I have a LUXAir kitchen extractor fan that uses a 4 button remote control

Button 1 - Extractor ON/OFF
Button 2 - Light ON/OFF
Button 3 - Extractor Power Up
Button 4 - Extractor Power Down

I would like to include this in my system and have read the transmitted codes from the remote using RFXManager, I get the following results:

Light ON/OFF
Packettype = Chime
subtype = Byron SX
Sequence nbr = 16
ID = 00F1 decimal:241
Sound = SX21 Tubular 2 notes
Signal level = 7 -64dBm

Extractor Motor ON/OFF
Packettype = Chime
subtype = Byron SX
Sequence nbr = 19
Sound = SX21 Tubular 3 notes
Signal level = 7 -64dBm

Motor Power +
Packettype = Chime
subtype = Byron SX
Sequence nbr = 20
Sound = undefined sound:4
Signal level = 7 -64dBm

Motor Power -
Packettype = Chime
subtype = Byron SX
Sequence nbr = 22
Sound = SX21 Solo
Signal level = 7 -64dBm

I suppose my question is, where the hell do I start?

Sorry for my delayed response. I’ve got a couple of home projects going. As you may know the Byron SX is actually a chime device. The RFXtrx plugin for Vera does not yet handle chime devices. I’ll attempt to add these devices, and a way to convert an auto-created device to a extractor fan in the next plugin version.

1 Like

Cheers that would be awesome.

Are you able to control the LUXAir fan with RFXmngr using the Byron commands?
It is clear that the fan has the some protocol as a Byron SX chime if this is possible and it is useful to spend time to add this device. But only if the original Byron SX can be used too.

No I’m not able to control the fan as the plugin does not currently support this protocol, as per Tinmans response.

I asked: Are you able to control the LUXAir fan with RFXmngr using the Byron commands?

Appologies, I’ll give it a go this weekend :slight_smile:

I’ve attempted to communicate with the extractor but can’t seem to set my RFXtrx signal level to anything but 10dBm.

I have a RFXtrx433 Type1 FW1025

The signal level for the RFXtrx433 is fixed at 10dBm. It cannot be changed.

Doesn’t this mean the RFXtrx would never work or does the signal level not matter??

For the best answer to this question you would probably need to ask the developer of the RFXtrx transceiver (b_weijenberg). Of course the RFXtrx works, it’s just that the transmit signal strength cannot be varied.