Control VERA3 scene from a Wall switch. Can it be done

I want to have a wall switch that I can press a button and have it activate a scene on my VERA3 to turn off lights. Anyone know what wall switch can I use with this?

Any wall switch will work. But and there is a big but, you’ll want a wall switch that will support instant status for this to work reliably. Not all switches are created equal. Leviton, Cooper, Fibaro and the Aeon Micro switches support instant status. The reason for instant status is so vera can act on the press of the switch instantly, otherwise you’ll have to wait for Vera to poll the switch which can take some time.

• Garrett

There is a matrix that may help you sort through the many choices available located at [url=http://store.homeseer.com/store/HomeSeer-Z-Wave-OnOff-Wall-Switch-Comparison-W7.aspx]http://store.homeseer.com/store/HomeSeer-Z-Wave-OnOff-Wall-Switch-Comparison-W7.aspx[/url]. Four of the listed switches support instant status.

That is good information so thank you. I was looking at a wall switch more like the GE 45631 or the leviton vrcs4 services of keypads to do this. This way I can have multiple buttons with each button assocaited to a vera3 scene.

Any thoughts?

If you are going to invest in the Levitons, it may be worth looking into getting an Universal Devices ISY controller and buy some Insteon KeypadLincs for a fraction of the cost. I replaced all of my Leviton/Monster scene controllers with keypadlincs.

• Garrett

can the UD ISY work with my vera3?

Yes, I wrote a plugin that interfaces the isy with Vera.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:5, topic:178767”]If you are going to invest in the Levitons, it may be worth looking into getting an Universal Devices ISY controller and buy some Insteon KeypadLincs for a fraction of the cost. I replaced all of my Leviton/Monster scene controllers with keypadlincs.

• Garrett[/quote]

Garrett

Insteno switch will support instant status???
I need a plugin to work with vera3 ??

Yes, it supports instant updates from the isy controller.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:9, topic:178767”]Yes, it supports instant updates from the isy controller.

• Garrett[/quote]

Thank you