Contacting Imperihome

I am a long time Imperihome user. But I have been having problems lately where the app (iPhone 7 IOS 10) does not stay connected and causes me to frequently delete the device (Vera U17) and reconfigure it.

But I have tried for literally weeks to get a response to a problem ticket and hear nothing from them. Are they still in business and supporting it?

Thanks, Bob

Welcome to Imperihome support, at the tone please leave a message describing your issue which we will ignore totally but this will leave you with the false feeling that we care about you. After several weeks of ignoring your message we will simply delete it and forget that you ever called. We think you will find this high level of support pleasant and feel confident in our product. After this call please take a moment to take a short survey about our performance as your opinion is not at all important to us and obviously we will ignore that too. Thanks for calling and have a pleasant day, speak at the fart tone.

LOL!

Try their discussion group on google+ but don’t hold your breath!

I just sent them another message, no reply. I think it’s all over…

Bob

That would suck. I already had to abandon AuthomationHD due to development having ceased. Just as I got used to ImperiHomePro, they are pulling the plug as well? I better hold off installing the plugin for it on Vera. I sure hope development is still ongoing. Not many good Android app options left.

[quote=“treetop777, post:3, topic:196572”]LOL!

Try their discussion group on google+ but don’t hold your breath![/quote]

Ha!.. I just checked G+, they have 225 followers and NO posts. I had filed a bug report via Android app and they never got back to me. Its a great product just has some rough edges (IMHO). They will still take your money on Google Play Store for the ‘pro’ version though.

I think many of these smaller niche software companies are one and or two man shows and these apps are not the only things that they do, possibly just a side project. I too have attempted to get help from them but never have they responded. It was suggested that we join the BETA group on G+ but they don’t even respond to request to join the G+ group so we are shit out of luck. I agree with everyone that Imperihome is the best app out there today and with a few tweaks it could be a serious winner.

I have no problem contacting them on G+ or via email. I have requested several things and they all have gotten added within a week or so. The G+ that i use is for Andriod beta testing though not non beta questions and not for apple as far as I know.

Even though I have no more ios devices i am also on the Apple beta testing updates. The I got around 3 updates in the last week. I got one early this morning as a matter of fact.

Anyone that thinks they are no more is severely mistaken.

Ahhh. I’m wondering if they are concentration on iOS development as the Android version is pretty stable. Which may explain the lack of communication.

I’ve been asking for a DVR style layout. With a number of small windows and one large. (same as the existing layout) with the exception of clicking one of the small windows makes the camera feed in there go to the big window. Click another small window and it replaces the existing feed in the big window. I would love that for my wall mounted tablets.

Any chance you can pitch this as so seem to have more of their ear than I do.

[quote=“BOFH, post:9, topic:196572”]Ahhh. I’m wondering if they are concentration on iOS development as the Android version is pretty stable. Which may explain the lack of communication.

I’ve been asking for a DVR style layout. With a number of small windows and one large. (same as the existing layout) with the exception of clicking one of the small windows makes the camera feed in there go to the big window. Click another small window and it replaces the existing feed in the big window. I would love that for my wall mounted tablets.

Any chance you can pitch this as so seem to have more of their ear than I do.[/quote]

I been getting some updates on Android, but yeah it seems like more betas for IOS recently. My father uses ios imperihome daily without any issues. I used to have an iPad I was testing on, but it’s retired now.

I don’t use Imperihome much for cameras besides a quick look. Blueiris app is everything I need.

OK, well if they are active why have I gotten zero response on two problem tickets and a message submitted on their website? And they obviously have no presence here.

I am not looking for some beta group, just standard support for a paying customer.

Bob

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:10, topic:196572”]I been getting some updates on Android, but yeah it seems like more betas for IOS recently. My father uses ios imperihome daily without any issues. I used to have an iPad I was testing on, but it’s retired now.

I don’t use Imperihome much for cameras besides a quick look. Blueiris app is everything I need.[/quote]

I looked at the BI app but it appears to need a port forwarded through my firewall. At this time that is not an option. Unless I go the VPN route. I use imperihome at work to keep an eye on my dogs using our public WiFi. It’s pretty reliable.

Blueiris Has a “Secure Only Https” but yes VPN is a safe way of doing it.

Does the https also works when using it with vera and sending http requests? and viewing video feed in Imperihome with the browser option?

Thanks,
Cor

[quote=“Cor, post:14, topic:196572”]Does the https also works when using it with vera and sending http requests? and viewing video feed in Imperihome with the browser option?

Thanks,
Cor[/quote]

I don’t think Vera can use Https. So I’m gonna say no.

I think my thread got hijacked. Back to the original…

Still no communication from evertygo, but they did push out an update at least for IOS.

Bob

Not just for iOS. My last andriod update was two weeks ago also.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:8, topic:196572”]I have no problem contacting them on G+ or via email. I have requested several things and they all have gotten added within a week or so. The G+ that i use is for Andriod beta testing though not non beta questions and not for apple as far as I know.

Even though I have no more ios devices i am also on the Apple beta testing updates. The I got around 3 updates in the last week. I got one early this morning as a matter of fact.

Anyone that thinks they are no more is severely mistaken.[/quote]

HIJACK - Could you tell them for me that although i can add the Wink Hub in the iOS version, all i get from the Android version is “invalid response from API” on all my devices - Thanks. :wink:

Back to topic Sorry.

I got a reply to my support request today after months of waiting.

It apologized for the delay, saying they had to reorganize their support.

We exchanged a couple of emails on problem details.

I will keep you posted.

Glad to see you back ImperiHome!

Bob

[quote=“beachboync, post:19, topic:196572”]I got a reply to my support request today after months of waiting.

It apologized for the delay, saying they had to reorganize their support.

We exchanged a couple of emails on problem details.

I will keep you posted.

Glad to see you back ImperiHome!

Bob[/quote]

Annndddd???