Combining VeraLite + Fibaro HC2

Hello guys;

I am into a new a project where I will add VeraLite as a secondary controller to the HC2. So i can benefit from the unique UI the fibaro offers and from the strength of vera’s compatibility.

I have added VeraLite as secondary controller to the Fibaro HC2
Added a ZXT120 remotec (which is not supported by Fibaro yet) to HC2
The remotec appears in the VeraLite and I can use it to turn ion and off the AC from there.

My question is, is this remotec device is part of the z-wave HC2 routing table?
I mean if the vera is far away from the remotec (which is battery operated device) and close to the HC2 and many other z-wave devices, will I be able to turn it on/off?

My house is big, in this case vera is just send the command via this z-wave network and is a repeater at the same time

I will add a scene in vera which can be activated via HTTP from HC2. So i have one UI only :smiley:

Yes. Z-Wave nodes participating in the same Z-Wave mesh network can talk with each other through the mesh, they do not need to be directly in range to speak with each other.

I tested something today. That if i turned off the HC2 (primary controller) i still can control the z-wave devices via vera.
So it is acting as a primary controller? Or maybe routes may not include the primary controller ID?

Can I see the routing table somehow? long time ago there was a plug in but it seems like it was removed?

One more thing :smiley:
Do you recommend such a connecting? Z-wave between vera and HC2?

What if we do the opposite? HC2 as a secondary controller?

[quote=“therealabdo, post:3, topic:180534”]I tested something today. That if i turned off the HC2 (primary controller) i still can control the z-wave devices via vera.
So it is acting as a primary controller? Or maybe routes may not include the primary controller ID?

Can I see the routing table somehow? long time ago there was a plug in but it seems like it was removed?

One more thing :smiley:
Do you recommend such a connecting? Z-wave between vera and HC2?[/quote]
Any controller, primary or secondary, can control devices in the Z-Wave network. The master is not required in order to issue Z-Wave commands.

Vera does not support Secondary Inclusion Controllers(SIC), so when Vera is the master controller only Vera can include new devices into the Z-Wave network.

There is no built-in or easy method to view the routing table. You would have to write a plugin for Vera, or maybe HC2 offers the option to view it.

I have no experience with HC2 so I cannot recommend for or against using it with Vera. The issue with these controllers from different vendors will be a decreased level of information sharing between devices.

Thank you very much
I will be testing it this week
hope it works well at least for the ZXT-120

Hi, could you please describe the procedure of adding Vera as a secondary controller to a HC2?
Thank you in advance,
/Mike

You go to your vera z-wave setting and uncheck the “vera automatically configure devices”

then add vera as a normal device to your HC2

:slight_smile:

Thank you for your reply, I already sent back the HC2 to the reseller, I realized how good the Vera community is compared to Fibaros forum where people only complain about the devs making it worse and worse with each new beta.
Vera may be slower and not so good looking, but hey all the help you get here and with Imperihome… Way better than HC.
/Mike

Yup. That sounds just like the Vera forums. :wink: