Combination Switch compatability with current firmware on Vera Edge

Hello, I have had a Vera Edge controller for some years now and I use the “Combination Switch” (CS) app on which my system depends highly on.

I’m currently running FW version 1.7.3831 and the latest is 1.7.5186 and have been hesitant to upgrade firmware because I recall reading “some where” or perhaps FW release notes that the CS app was not going to be supported by newer versions of FW. So I have been on that version for some years now.

Is any one running newer versions of FW and using CS without any problem ? Any light shed would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Hello,

As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, the “Combination Switch” (CS) app for Vera controllers was a popular and widely used plugin for creating complex automation scenarios. However, plugin compatibility with firmware updates can be a concern, as updates might introduce changes to the system that could affect third-party plugins.

To determine if the CS app is compatible with the latest firmware version (1.7.5186 or later), it’s best to check the official Vera community forums, release notes, or user experiences posted on platforms like Vera’s website or relevant forums. Users often share their experiences and compatibility issues, so you can get real-time information on whether the CS app works smoothly with the latest firmware.

Since my information is not up to date, I recommend visiting the Vera forums or contacting Vera support for the most current and reliable information regarding Combination Switch app compatibility with the latest firmware version on your Vera Edge controller.

I hope the information may helps you.