Coby MID7015 Kyros Touchscreen Android 2.1

I just ordered one of these today specifically for Home Buddy, it has Android 2.1 OS so I hope that it will be able to run Home Buddy on it (My favorite App!!!).

Kind’a overkill for just controlling a Z Wave Network however it’s also a lot cheaper then an iPad or a Color Nook and its still a touchscreen.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coby-MID7015-4G/15572057
(it appears that wally world keeps raising their prices on their website for this thing - when I purchased it on their site it was 130, now its 148)

If it works out, I plan on buying two more of these. Just lay them throughout the house. I wonder if there is an in-wall flush mount that I could find that would work? (industrial strength velcro! lol!)

Update It definitely works, I rooted the Android device gaining full access to the Android Market, battery lasts about 8 to 10 hours with moderate use, the resistive touchscreen is probably the best resistive touchscreen that I have ever used. Comparing it to my MyTouch 4G phone with a capactive screen, the Kyros really isn’t that bad. The screen is really bright and vibrant. It’s more then adequate for Home Buddy, also great for viewing my security cams (which Vera still can’t do). I also setup Google Voice, SipDroid, and an account with PBXes.org giving me the ability to make calls from the tablet. Pretty impressive for 130 bucks!

Awesome! Thanks for the update! :slight_smile: