[Closed] Remote Login : Missing Room Images

I was able to get all the room images working when local, but would like to show them when I login via remote as well. Does anyone know how to get this working via remote session?

Kyle

[quote=“kyle.dawson, post:1, topic:200027”]I was able to get all the room images working when local, but would like to show them when I login via remote as well. Does anyone know how to get this working via remote session?
Kyle[/quote]

assuming you put your room picture file on a place accessible from the internet ( because in remote access you are on internet ), then they are accessible

for instance: i have put a file called R_0-1.jpg on the github ALTUI repo, the file is therefore downloadable with a url like https://raw.githubusercontent.com/amg0/ALTUI/master/Photos/R_0-1.jpg

so take the base path of it :

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/amg0/ALTUI/master/Photos/

and store that in the ALTUI device variable called “ImagePath” , that should do the trick for both remote access and local access. cf screen shots

Thanks, but I just played around and found a way to use same location for both local and remote. Plus my images are still private.

In Vera, under the ALTUI and settings, I updated the variable.

MyHome Image Path = …/

This makes sure the image files are up one directory. Since local is the root, it works. With remote, the site is via a different sub directory, port_3480. WIth new …/ this forces the images to look up one dir, that is root of vera from remote.

[quote=“kyle.dawson, post:3, topic:200027”]Thanks, but I just played around and found a way to use same location for both local and remote. Plus my images are still private.

In Vera, under the ALTUI and settings, I updated the variable.

MyHome Image Path = …/

This makes sure the image files are up one directory. Since local is the root, it works. With remote, the site is via a different sub directory, port_3480. WIth new …/ this forces the images to look up one dir, that is root of vera from remote.[/quote]

very good. so where do you put the images on vera ? directly in /www ?

Yes, I left them in the original location /www