Changing System Mode with lock

Is there a way to set the system mode to “AWAY” when i perform an action on my door lock such as pressing the lock button twice?

That depends on weather the LOCK will actually send two events if your press the lock button twice.

I found a work around to this, I am sharing my solution in case anyone is trying something similar. This solution doesn’t actually change my system mode but it accomplishes what I wanted.

1- I created a new PIN code that only had a 5 minute validity time (ie-1234), in other words, it expired almost as soon as I created it.
2- I created a scene where the trigger was the use of an expired code (ie- 1234)
3- Instead of pressing the lock button when i leave the house, i press 1234 and the door locks and all the lights turn off, essentially accomplishing what my “away” mode would have done

[quote=“grrgold, post:3, topic:186297”]I found a work around to this, I am sharing my solution in case anyone is trying something similar. This solution doesn’t actually change my system mode but it accomplishes what I wanted.

1- I created a new PIN code that only had a 5 minute validity time (ie-1234), in other words, it expired almost as soon as I created it.
2- I created a scene where the trigger was the use of an expired code (ie- 1234)
3- Instead of pressing the lock button when i leave the house, i press 1234 and the door locks and all the lights turn off, essentially accomplishing what my “away” mode would have done[/quote]

Or you could use GEOfence or Ping sensor to know when you left the house and do the samething without having to type a code.

definitely my next step ;D