Change 20 min parameter (2) on HSM100

This must be tooooo obvious for me to see. I want to change the trigger reset time from 20 minutes to 5 mins (as suggested for a corridor) on an HSM100. Where the heck do you do this under Z-Wave Custom Settings?

Cheers,
AnotherSuperStar

Under Custom z-wave settings for the device: Add configuration setting, Variable= 2, 1byte dec, value =5 (5 minutes)

If there’s any daylight in your corridor, you could adjust the light sensitivity (Variable 4) so the light doesn’t come on unnecessarily. One of mine is set at 50 and another at 25 for different areas. 100 means it ignores light levels.

There sure is. Thats a fantastic idea. Cheers for your help. I have made changes and waited 5 minutes and the hsm100 is still showing that it has been tripped. I wonder if i need to pull batteries to cycle the device once

Thanks again !!!

AnotherSuperStar

Because they are battery operated, they tend to take their sweet time to configure. Sometimes pushing the little blue button on the side and then clicking “Configure node right now” will do it. Sometimes not. :-\

not looking good. Blue button and “configure right now” clicked and it wont listen. I don’t mind waiting if I knew it was going to kick in eventually

Cheers
AnotherSuperStar

If all else fails you could try my home remedy - I take the HSM100 and sit it on top of Vera for a while and it will eventually configure. I wonder if these little devices have trouble configuring through an intermediate device…

I think I will play the patience game as the device is about 10 feet from the Vera. I just pulled batteries, pressed blue button and clicked “configure now” It should kick in eventually.

Setting watch for 30 minutes :slight_smile:

Cheers
AnotherSuperStar

Success !!! I have set the sensor to 50% on lighting now too.

Thanks for your help

AnotherSuperStar