Chamberlain/Liftmaster MyQ Plugin

So I have gotten my MQ Chamberlain to show up on my Vera and Alexa will even close it use the “Alexa, Lock the garage door” Command. However I cannot get it to open (or Unlock). Within Alexa you can set up a voice password to unlock devices now, however it seems that Alexa and Vera are not communicating the “unlock” function. Is there a setting within Vera I have to set?

If I recall correctly, Alexa is not allowed to unlock any locks by established convention. Otherwise, someone could stand outside of your house and shout, “Alexa, unlock the door”.

Melsman

The PIN setup isn’t available yet with Vera, as far as I know. You can bypass the barrier by creating a scene that runs a little lua that opens the garage door. You can then control the scene with Alexa. I do this to disarm sensors that are not normally permitted by Alexa.

Change the variables of category_num to 3 and subcategory to 5 for Garage Door. See the link below for reference. Then reload the luup engine. After the luup engine restart, it shows a garage door and status but you’ll see the variables reverted back to 7 and 0 respectively.

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Device_Categories[/quote]
I am having the same issue with the doors showing as locks, and have tried changing the category and subcategory without success. Has something changed, or did I do something wrong?

In the plugin, did you guys enable GDO Mode on the control screen?

HA.
“Garage Door Opener” Mode. I had no idea what that was. That fixed it. Thanks Jared!

Just installed the MyQ Plugin today to work with a pair of new doors that are equipped with a MyQ WiFI opener. Works great - thanks a ton for developing this plugin.

The only downside is that I have multiple homes under the same Liftmaster MyQ account so all doors, including those for the other home, appear in Vera. Is there a way to filter MyQ devices by Home? I looked under Advanced but didn’t see anywhere to set the Home. Is the plugin source on GitHub or somewhere else?

I have used this App ever since it came out. Worked great for a long time. However, I have been plagued with Vera reboots for a very long time. After removing all App’s with the exception of the ones mandated by Vera, VSwitch and MyQ, I still had problems with reboots. It had something to do with internet access by an App. Finally, I moved MyQ from Vera Secure to Vera Edge. Now, I had the same problem with Vera Edge AND Vera Secure on the same network. The kicker was early one moring, one of my doors opened for no reason. This had happened a few times before, but could not afford to have this happen again. I removed MyQ and all associated files from both Vera’s and have not had any more problems with Vera reboots or doors opening.

I replaced MyQ with a GoControl Smart Garage Door Controller installed on my ISY 994i-ZW IR Pro because it supports Alexa door open/close and Alexa announce. Yes, I’m divorcing my Vera Secure, Vera Plus and Vera Edge and starting a new relationship with ISY.

I would not recomend MyQ, and would NEVER use it with a rental property.

Tom

I agree on MyQ. They don’t play nice with anyone without a subscription service, alerts have been delayed, and the operating temperature of the gyro unit on the garage door is weak below ~43 degrees F.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Is the myq plugin still working for people in Vera? Mine has stopped displaying accurate door status even though the plugin main (LiftMaster MyQ Devic) shows Last auth and last check with current times.

Currently on ver 1.6 of the plugin.

Not sure why it stopped working recently but just checked GDO mode and status is accurate again.

I am not sure if this has been answered before as I searched but didn’t find the answer.

I have ELAN system in my house. The Lift master garage doors are controlled by Vera and My Q controller, I can control the doors via MyQ app or Vera app, however in ELAN it shows as door locks and cannot be controlled.

Is there a way that it can be controlled by ELAN as well. I have tried changing the locks to switches but that doesn’t help either.

Any direction to programming in ELAN or VERA will be helpful.
Thanks

The garage doors come into Elan as locks. You can then add garage doors and selecting the appropriate lock for that door.

As of today. My MyQ plugin and vera doesn’t appear to work despite having adequate credentials and seeing the vera and devices unchanged from 4 years if stability. Myq app still working. No subscription issues. Anyone else having this issue?

The same here! MyQ app still working, but MyQ plugin failed! Chamberlain probably up to their old tricks of change api again. Unfortunately the MyQ plugin is no longer updated by the author. This could be the end of Vera to MyQ connection!

looks like some of my garage doors are failing to connect now. Sometimes they reconnect, hopefully this isn’t the end of the plugin :frowning:

Same problem here… cant connect. They did recently shut down access to the old version of the MyQ app as well, you can now only use the new myQ version. Maybe we will get lucky and someone with the skill will take over this plugin, or EZLO will get on the myq train…

Chamberlain never published the API documentation, someone has to reverse engineered using the official MyQ app to identify the changes and modify the plugin. Not a simple task.

Yeah, I’ve confirmed that my doors aren’t working either. Looks like the MyQ guys may have changed something on their end and that there might be a bug in the plugin code when it tries to fallback to web authentication.

01	06/20/19 8:18:32.203	luup_log:106: (MyQGateway::MYQ_API::retrieveSecurityToken): Unsuccessful at connecting with the authorization URL! <0x75030520>
01	06/20/19 8:18:32.204	luup_log:106: (MyQGateway::startupdeferred): INITIAL API LOGIN **FAILED**  Attempting WEB MODE fallback <0x75030520>
01	06/20/19 8:18:32.204	LuaInterface::CallFunction_Timer-5 function startupDeferred failed [string "local version = "v1.60 10-Nov-2017"	-- @Cyb..."]:430: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value) <0x75030520>

Time permitting, I’ll poke around the other automation forums to see how others are handling the MyQ change.

I have the same issue with the same entries in my log. Looks like June 18th is when things started failing.