Can't stop notifications

I just installed an EVL 4 with my Vista 15P. I installed the Ademco Vista Alarm Panel for EVL3 App. (v4.0 of the app.) I have a Veraedge, UI7. All firmware for the Vera, Vista, and EVL4 are the latest as far as I know.

I configured the App per the instructions. It set up all my security zones correctly and everything seems to be working correctly. I can arm/disarm through vera and I can use the alarm status and zone statuses in scenes.

But, there is one annoying problem: Every time a zone is tripped (door opens, window opens, motion, etc), it sends me a text and email notification. I can’t find anywhere where notifications are set on for the App or for the different security devices it created, or how to get them to stop. Every time someone walks by the motion detector I get a text and email.

For now, I have turned all notifications off at the user level. This keeps my phone quiet, but I do want to be able to get some notifications for certain events, so I would like to find a way to stop notifications from this app/devices.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

This is an annoying problem since last 3 or 4 updates. The only solution is what you have done : goto Dashboard / My Modes and set "who should be notified "to No.
I have the same problem with my Visonic alarm panel.
The notifications on my phone are now gone, but the alerts in my dashboard are still there and must be ignored.

That’s unfortunate. There are a few cases where I would like to get text/email notifications. For instance, when my doorbell rings and I’m away, I have a few scenes run on the Vera, including a snapshot on my security cameras, and, I was, getting a notification about it. Hopefully, in the next version of the EVL3 app, we will be able to control notifications specific to the security zones.

You can turn OFF the email and text notifications two ways:

1. Go to My Modes from the Dashboard
    Turn of Send alerts when ARMED sensors are tripped for the various house modes

2. Go to Home.GetVera.com
    Turn of SMS and EMAIL notifications for you account.

[hr]
You can easily customize the alerts you receive using the Vera Alerts Plugin.
To add a new alert … use the Notifications Tab on the device you want to Notification for.
Then send to your phone(s) using one or more of the many notification options available.

Ok. I think I see the problem (or at least a problem). I didn’t notice before but when I’m in home mode, even though I have all of the sensors set to be disarmed in the My Modes setup, when I look at the individual sensors in Devices, they are still armed. So when the door opens, it sends the text/email.

I’m new to Vera. I’m thinking I should reset my veraedge to default to give it a fresh start. I’ve taken a backup (full and zwave). If I reset and then restore from backup, does it restore all the devices? or do I have to re-add them all again individually? Or maybe I should just uninstall the Alarm Panel App and reinstall/set it up and see if that works? Any suggestion? Do you think that might clear up my issues?

BTW: Just as an aside, Vera, even with some issues that I’ve come across, is far superior to the Honeywell Tuxedo that my home builder installed, both in functionality/features and in support (which is non-existent at the consumer level for Honeywell). The Honeywell Tuxedo can’t even control Honeywell wifi thermostats. Anyway, for me, the Tuxedo is now just an overpriced, pretty alarm keypad.

Thanks for your help.

This is a “My Modes” issue…

The “Armed”/“Disarmed” buttons were virtually unused in UI5, and most (if not all) of the alarm panel interfaces use these buutons to indicate the status of the zone (active or bypassed) on the panel… With UI7, these buttons have be incorporated into the “My Modes” feature (So that Vera can pretend to be an alarm panel).

There are two workarounds that disassociates these buttons from the panel. They are in the panel device settings and are:

1. “Use Custom sensors”. Uses custom devices for the zone sensors. The custom devices eliminate the “Armed”/“Disarmed” buttons and replace them with a “Normal”/“Bypassed” button. The plugin will no longer change the “Armed”/“Disarmed” status based on zone bypass status.

2. “Disable Bypass Display”. Using this option retains the standard zone sensor devices. The plugin will no longer use the “Armed”/“Bypassed” control buttons to display the state of the zone on the alarm panel. The “Armed”/“Bypassed” controls can no longer be used to bypass zone sensors.

It looks like that takes care of it. Thanks.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:4, topic:190923”]You can turn OFF the email and text notifications two ways:

1. Go to My Modes from the Dashboard
    Turn of Send alerts when ARMED sensors are tripped for the various house modes

2. Go to Home.GetVera.com
    Turn of SMS and EMAIL notifications for you account.

[hr]
You can easily customize the alerts you receive using the Vera Alerts Plugin.
To add a new alert … use the Notifications Tab on the device you want to Notification for.
Then send to your phone(s) using one or more of the many notification options available.[/quote]

@Richard : Option 1 : Is this an option in Ui7 because i dont see this setting in my My Modes??

See Attached!

@Richard,

Thanks for the clear picture but that setting i already knew for disabling the notifications. But the ALERTS everytime an (Alarm) sensor is tripped or untripped are still there. They show up in home / mydashboard. And if i go to settings / alerts i have thousends of them of a short period. This problem wasnt there before firmware 619 (For my Vera Lite).
And i searched all settings and had contact with the developer from the Visonic plugin but i did not found a solution to disable it.
Now i ignore the alerts but i dont know if they use a lot of space because my lite doesnt have lots of memory.

Sorry I rarely am logged into Vera … I only use it to customize my Automation. I ignore it after that.

hello cybermage,

I have a veralite , Vista 21iP panel and EVL4. I installed the plugin and had the continuous notifications as others here and on the 39 page discussion elsewhere have described. I turned off the notification under the Home mode but still get random “motion stopped” notifications from motion sensors while I am in the Home mode. So I guess I need to choose one of the two solutions above but am not sure of the best route. I don’t think disabling my ability to bypass a sensor on the panel to enable me to arm the system is a wise move so I have disable that mode and enabled the custom sensor feature.(I was getting the random motion stopped messages with the disable bypass enabled). All quiet for now but I don’t think I quite have my head wrapped around what those two switches do. Anyway , nice job on the pluggin, it actually delivers a lot more features than I was expecting( I just wanted to arm/disarm both systems from one place) and after reading the discussion of the 3yr plus work involved, you definitely have my admiration.

d.

Updating the MyModes setting when I am "Home’ worked well to stop the barage of notifications yet allows me to still be notified in the other modes. (Relevant setup info: UI7, Vera Plus, EVL4, Vista 20p)

Thank you!

Whoever thought that modifying the armed/disarmed properties for the sensors connected to an alarm panel was a good idea needs to be shot.

They should obey the mode preferences - end of story.

@jsoto Would you be able to help provide me a backup file of the ademco evl plugin? I lost it on my old vera when I just moved and am stuck now that it was discontinued.

I know this is many years down the road after original post here, but I’m having the same issues now:

For a while, I would only get text notifications about door locks being opened/closed in Vacation/Away modes. In playing with some other settings, now I get notifications in every mode. I’ve tried checking everywhere and undoing anything i can think of, but they won’t stopMy kids must go in and out 10 times a day… I need to figure out how to make it stop.

Per forum conversations, I’ve checked in mode settings to make sure that everything is disarmed in “Home” mode (and I’ve tried toggling it back and forth to see if it would reset, but nothing. I’ve checked device settings as well as User/Account Notification settings and see nothing that would be triggering this. Need some help resolving.

Thanks