Can't get to PowerLink Mode with PowerMax+

Hello. After all my weeks of trials and tribulations, I finally got this plugin to work; well, more accurately, I finally got a usb-rs232 setup that works.

Now, I cannot make the PowerMax Plus enroll the Vera as a PowerLink Module; it only runs in Standard Mode. I can see the armed state, and I can arm/disarm with a pin via Vera (although, I’d like to be able to do it pinless). Can someone point me in a direction toward getting this plugin to run my Power Max Plus in PowerLink mode so that I can see the sensors through Vera?

Thanks a bunch!

See page 30 of the manual (defining PowerLink).

Thanks. I’s sorry, but maybe I should have explained that I already followed the manual. I’ve done it numerous times, but it never works. I just get the long beeeeeeep that means it didn’t work. Do you know of any reason that it may not work?

Thanks

No, I would have to look at the log file to see what communication is going on. Turn on the plugin debug first. Have a look at the Introduction topic on how to obtain and send the logs.

Ok, thank you very much!

It may be a few days or a week before I can get around to doing that, so I will send the logs then if that’s ok with you.

While I’m here, I’d like to thank you, and whoever else has worked on this, for your hard work on this plugin as well as your support through these forums; as an engineer & developer myself (industrial/manufacturing software & automation), I truly understand the time and dedication it takes. And I really appreciate it.

@johnjohnjohn: thanks for the feedback, that’s nice to hear :D. Just send the logs once you’ve got them.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. My setup is at a house I don’t live in so my presence there is spotty at best (which is the main reason I’m automating & setting up remote access to these things).

Anyway, long story short: it works now :slight_smile:
I haven’t disconnected and reconnected, power cycled or anything other than reload vera because I don’t want to break it again. I did delete and re-enroll it because I didn’t believe it was true that it worked.

Long story long: I tried it again one more time to see if it would work. No go. So I read through the log collecting wiki so I could get logs to send you. I logged in to the VeraLite with PuTTY and saw the logs moving as I did things. So far so good. After I was all comfortable with reading the logs, I decided it was time to collect the logs for this. This time when I tried to enroll as powerlink, it actually worked. I can’t imagine setting up the logs would have anything to do with that, but that’s the only time it worked. I didn’t think it was true, so I even shut down PuTTY, unenrolled pwrlnk, restarted vera. I tried to enroll as powerlink again and it did not work. Only after I logged in through PuTTY again did it work again. Strange, but I’m happy that it worked!

Thanks again ;D

Maybe it is timing related and the panel can’t handle a fast response to the enroll message. By enabling the debugging things are slightly slower, which could explain why it did work that time. At least the panel is enrolled now and it should normally stay that way :P.

Ok, that makes since. Glad I’m in business now. Again, nice work. ;D

Had a similar issue where it went into std mode even with powerlink installed. My powermax+ is old so think it does not automatically go into powerlink according to info. Disabled/removed and reinstalled powerlink on panel and this seemed to work.

Thanks

@ johnjohnjohn

You wrote: “I finally got a usb-rs232 setup that works”

I wonder: did you find a PM+ RS232 adaptor or have you find another way?
I have a Powermax+ to and I want to connect it to one of my Vera Lites.

Andre

FTDI TTL-232R-3V3 from Mouser works for me, after changing the pins (see forum).

since my last post on 28 september:

I have been searching for a orignal serial adaptor for the Powermax+. I found out it is hard to get, but if managed to get one!
New in a orgina box. I have put it in my Powermax+.

The next step was to build a serial to RJ connector. After some testing I found the connections here:[url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,15285.msg116187.html#msg116187here]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,15285.msg116187.html#msg116187here[/url].
I have also bought this FTDI connector: startech icusb2321f

After some testing I could not get my Powermax+ connected to one of my bridged Vera Lite’s.
I did know that I had some strange failures. After some time I have reset both Vera Lites.
I have been taking a look at UI7 But I am back at UI5.

After resetting the Vera Lite’s A have first installed 2 plugins.
At one Vera I installed the OTG plugin: Working fine
At the other Vera Lite I installed the Visonic plugin. Working! But not really ::slight_smile:

In will not connect in Powerlink mode!??
I got the connection in Normal mode. I have entered the used sensors and settings.
That is displayed in the Vera in the right way.
After entering the pin a can even read the event log.

But in powerlink mode nothing is working.
What did I miss?

@nlrb I have sent you the LuaUPnP.log.
Let me know if you need more…

I really would like to know what’s going wrong.

For now I will return to normal mode :-\

Meanwhile,

nlrb has send me the changed software and it works fine now!

;D