Can't disarm from vera without entering PIN... why?

I have a EVL3 at my primary residence (with DSC 1555 panel) and recently added a DSC1864 and EVL3 at my vacation property.

The home DSC plugin works just perfect. I can use the UI7 dashboard to disarm by simply clicking the disarm button. Same with using authomation.

But with the vacation home, while I can arm with a single click, disarming requires I enter a PIN.

I’ve set both plugin screens side-by-side and can find no difference in how they’re configured. Both have the remotedisarmenabled variable set to disarm.

I’m thinking it may be something in the DSC panel itself, but don’t recall what or where that would be.

I’ve searched high and low trying to find a variable hidden somewhere within the plugin’s settings that would allow remote disarming without entering a PIN, but it doesn’t seem to exist.

I do have PLEG triggers that will disarm the partition, but there I have entered the PIN as part of the script.

Check the Quick Arm status on your home panel. Verify behaviour between having it on or off.

Quick Arm Feature:
When the Quick-Arm feature is enabled, the system may be armed by simply pressing [][0] instead of the 4 digit access code. This feature allows a person to arm but not disarm the system.
Enter [
][6][Master Code][4] to turn the Quick-Arm feature ON and OFF. When the command is entered, the keypad buzzer will beep 3 times if Quick-Arm is being enabled and will sound one long beep if it is being disabled.
Press [#] to return to ready.

That was quick! Thanks… I’m certain quick arm is not turned on at the vacation house, and is at home. But, figuring that had to do with arming, I dismissed that as a variable. So you’re saying that feature disabled will also prevent quick DISarming from Vera? Good to know.

Quick response, I actually misread the problem you were encountering as you were looking at disarm and I pointed toward arming features.

By default, the Envisalink TPI requires a user code in order to execute disarm. The TPI will not know if a user code is required a before transmitting the command.
So if a code is required by the panel, the TPI will issue a command to indicate to that a code must be entered.

I am not in a position to test either. However, one click disarm is not the default either for the TPI or the panel, you will need to look a little further.

You always have to enter a code to disarm the panel. There’s “Quick Arm”, but no “Quick Disarm”. Think about it, if you had quick disarm, anyone could walk up to your house and push that button and have free access to your house.
I have the same setup and I entered a code in the scene.

[quote=“Mudd”]You always have to enter a code to disarm the panel. There’s “Quick Arm”, but no “Quick Disarm”. Think about it, if you had quick disarm, anyone could walk up to your house and push that button and have free access to your house.
I have the same setup and I entered a code in the scene.[/quote]
That is on the money and some system, and 3rd apps for mobile devices introduce bad practices to allow the recording of the pin to enable quick disarming; however, if this device is mounted in you home and easily accessible, it nearly does negate the security system

[quote=“Mudd, post:5, topic:192446”]You always have to enter a code to disarm the panel. There’s “Quick Arm”, but no “Quick Disarm”. Think about it, if you had quick disarm, anyone could walk up to your house and push that button and have free access to your house.
I have the same setup and I entered a code in the scene.[/quote]

Re-read my initial post. I’m not talking about being able to one-button disarm from the panel. I simply want to be able to click the disarm button on the Vera dashboard without having to enter a pin. JUST LIKE MY CURRENT VERA SYSTEM IS AT MY PRIMARY RESIDENCE. Thus, it clearly is/was possible. This isn’t the same as putting a big red DISARM button on my front door.

If a bad guy manages to hack my Vera account or clones my phone to access to my Vera dashboard, then somehow manages to find my house, and disarms it to rob me, then he’s more capable and determined than 99.999% of the burglars who would simply kick in my door or break a window.

IOW, I’m not looking to debate the security soundness of the practice. I just want to know why I’m able to do so at one installation, but not at another.

Have a look at what is being sent in the log when you disarm your alarm