Cannot Parse Data- Check your settings...

Just installed Home Buddy on both Coby Android tablet MID7024 (Android 2.2) and rooted Nook Color tablet (Android 2.1).
Installed flawlessly on both tablets- app opens fine, go to setup- set as “local” use, put in Vera2’s local ip address of 192.168.0.110, go to main screen get error message “Cannot Parse Data- Check your settings” on both tablets.
If I open the web browser on both tablets the CP is viewable from the local intranet and from outside via internet in standard view and mobile view.
Only thing not working is Home Buddy app?

Thanks in advance…

PS: UI4, Vera @ 1.1.1245

Updated to Ultimate Droid Nook Color 3.2.0 (Gingerbread 2.3.3) ROM and all is god now with Home Buddy!

Nice app ;D

Nice! Glad to hear it! 8)

One question if you don’t mind rakstar…

Seems the Home Buddy GUI only uses a narrow column down the center of the tablet screen for it’s display, is this normal?
I’d estimate it uses only about 1/3 of the available screen, makes it a bit tough to not fat-finger the wrong device cause the icons are so small, yet there’s so much free space available on the desktop.

I’ll see if I can get a screen snapshot and post it here…

EDIT- I simulated what I see on my tablet to save time:

I received similar report about the xoom. I have a tablet and it stretches to cover the whole screen just fine. I’ll check to see if I can replicate this problem on the emulator.

Thanks rakstar…
Just fat-fingered one of my outside lights while trying to access the t-stat this morning from the tiny display on the capacitive touch screen.
If an actual screen snapshot helps- I’ll provide one- but it would look just like the mock-up I posted above.

FWIW- the Nook Color has a 1024x600 IPS Display, and the xoom has 1280x 800 display if that helps.

I had similar problems showing Home Buddy on a Coby 7015 at a tradeshow, recently (Thank you BTW, I was the only company showing Android control of shades (take that iPad). I had a problem with Home Buddy crashing and loosing connectivity (unable to parse, etc).

It could have been related to my Vera1 with latest firmware that seemed to keep dropping its WiFi (light would go off), but I seemed to have less problems using my iPhone and SQ Remote. Do you know of any problems with trying to use both Home Buddy and SQ Remote on the same Vera at the same time?

Thank you for a great solution in Home Buddy!

@shady Hmm, can’t say I’ve heard anyone else have problems using multiple controllers at once. I would contact MCV directly about your Vera dropping it’s wifi though, they might have other users experiencing the same thing.

Thank you @rakstar for the response and the great app.

I have another tradeshow that I’ll be showing your app at starting Monday. I plan on using a separate wireless router and then having Vera1 sit off of that, hopefully I won’t have wireless issues then. It may have been related to me running Vera without internet and it seemed to work for a certain duration then quit, so maybe it is timing out on something.

I’ll report back to see if that resovles my connectivity issues with the app.

One thing I did notice with the app running on a Coby 7015 was there were two different sets of device control graphics shown for a motorized shade. When I first started using the app, I had a much smaller control set with up/down and a slider for percentage, then later in the day I noticed it had changed to a much larger, screen sized, control graphic with a slightly different look and feel. I wasn’t able to capture screenshots of the differences, and both worked and looked good. Now it seems to only display the larger controlset, just curious.