Cannot get Vera 2 into exclude mode

Does anyone know how to get Vera 2 into exclude mode other than holding down the ZWave button for 5 seconds? It will not go into exclude mode. Just sits there with a steady ZWave light.

Version 1.1.1245

Jon

Devices> Add Devices> Advanced Z-Wave devices (Add) > Then from the drop-down select “exclude”> then “go”

Can you shoot me a screen shot of where the devices is that you are mentioning? I have went to add/remove devices, but that doesn’t help. Also, my controller will not go into exclusion mode.

Thanks
Jon

Mine says pri:NO, is that a problem for me?

Jon

Which UI version are you on (4 or 5)? Also which Zwave firmware version are you running?

UI4 version 2.78 L1

Thanks
Jon

OK well that explains why the add remove device thing is in a different place.

From memory the same function in UI4 is located by clicking add/remove devices in the top of your UI. Click the “next” button of the Z-Wave section (top section, depicted by Z-Wave icon and its in there somewhere.

The pri:NO thing is likely the cause of it not working IIRC and folks have this happen from time to time, and seems to be some random corruption of the z-wave dongle firmware.

When was the last time you were able to add a device? If you had a known working backup, then if you were to restore it with the Zwave dongle restore box also checked, then it would likely fix it! The alternative (last resort) is maybe to jump to the 3.20 firmware version and then click then enable Hack to convert 2.78 to 3.20. Before doing this though, I would wait for others to chime in, and maybe consider raising a ticket for it, as MCV might be able to fix it without doing any of the above!