cannot get foscam to stream remotely

Now you tell me!

Thanks oTi and others who spent a lot of time helping to troubleshoot this issue (what we thought was an issue)

@tahoebuilder,

The mechanism used by Vera to redirect the browser/app when accessing the camera remotely does not appear to work when the camera is behind another router, as in your case.

To make it work, you could do the following:

• Connect Vera to your primary router (the Actiontec). This gets around the external IP issue.
  • Set Vera to be a switch ([tt]Advanced > Net & WiFi > Through another gateway on my network. MiOS is a switch[/tt]).
  • Connect the camera to Vera’s WLAN.
  • Remove any manual port forwarding from the Actiontec related to the camera access (i.e. port 3482 stuff).
  • Reboot Actiontec, Vera, and camera.
  • Verify Vera has a 192.168.0.* IP address.
  • Verify the camera has a 192.168.0.* IP address and is working in a browser.
  • Update the camera’s IP in Vera and verify it’s working from Vera.
  • Verify the result of [tt]http://<Vera’sIP>:3480/data_request?id=lu_camera_port&DeviceNum=<cameraDevice#>[/tt] is:
    [tt]{“status”:“upnp”,“url”:“http://:@:3482/videostream.cgi”}[/tt]
  • Verify (if possible) in the Actiontec that UPnP automatically set up a forward for port 3482 to Vera.
  • Connect to the neighbor’s network.
  • Paste the URL from the output above in a browser and verify streaming is working.
  • Try streaming from Vera.

Additional observations:

• Camera must be on port 80.
  • Do not append :80 to the IP address in the [tt]IP address[/tt] field.

I’d also like to see this streaming issue resolved, I have one genuine Panasonic cam, one Foscam Shenzhen clone and one genuine Foscam on the way for delivery.
Snapshots are nice, but streaming is better for some situations.

@tahoebuilder’s cameras have been working after we sorted through the issues, some of which are specific to his environment. Non of this is Foscam specific.

@tahoebuilder’s cameras have been working after we sorted through the issues, some of which are specific to his environment. Non of this is Foscam specific.[/quote]
I can also stream through UI4 when inside my home, but streaming through Mios from outside your home intranet does not work as mentioned here several times.
Reconfiguring my network infrastructure to directly physically connect my cameras to the Vera gateway device is not feasible as is suggested for a possible work-around.

A proper fix is needed that does not require pulling new cat5/6 throughout the house…

@robinnes,

Could you describe your current network infrastructure?

[quote=“oTi@, post:67, topic:169279”]@robinnes,

Could you describe your current network infrastructure?[/quote]
It’s pretty std stuff…
Cable modem—router-----24port GB switch-----cat5/6 home run to each computer/device

Thanks.

Are your cameras all on port 80?

Thanks.

Are your cameras all on port 80?[/quote]
No, my ISP block port 80 access for residential customers so I use custom ports and port forwarding on my router to successfully stream from both cams from outside my net via IE (ActiveX plugin) or Firefox.

I see. If your router allows it, you could forward from the current custom external ports to port 80 for all cameras.

I see. If your router allows it, you could forward from the current custom external ports to port 80 for all cameras.[/quote]
Yeah, that’s not a problem.
I assume I have to forward incoming port 3482 to Vera’s IP and port 3482?

Great! Try it for one camera first, if you would; making sure to update both the camera (to listen to port 80) and Vera (remove the current port specification from the URL, so it defaults to 80 rather than changing it to [tt]:80[/tt], as the latter won’t work).

I assume I have to forward incoming port 3482 to Vera's IP and port 3482?
Not necessarily. If UPnP is enabled in your router, Vera will set up the forward automatically, e.g.

Great! Try it for one camera first, if you would; making sure to update both the camera (to listen to port 80) and Vera (remove the current port specification from the URL, so it defaults to 80 rather than changing it to [tt]:80[/tt], as the latter won’t work).

I assume I have to forward incoming port 3482 to Vera's IP and port 3482?
Not necessarily. If UPnP is enabled in your router, Vera will set up the forward automatically, e.g.[/quote] -Successfully updated camera to port 80- can stream from outside via IE

-Successfully updated UI4 to port 80 (by removing any port info after the cameras IP address)- Snapshot works on UI4.

-Setup forwarding 3482 to Vera2 IP address and port 3482 and get the message “Video streaming not available. Please be sure you forwarded port 3482. learn more” when I hit the streaming button in UI4

SUCCESS… Since pot forwarding 3482 to Vera2 didn’t work- enabled UPNP on the router, nothing was appearing in the UPNP forwarding section, so I rebooted router and Vera2- tried to stream… and this time it worked! Now there’s port forwarding info in the UPNP area in the router and outside streaming to both cameras is working as expected with full pan and tilt functionality.

Thanks to oTi@ for his help… was not expecting to get outside streaming working at this point!