Cannot detect away and Vendor status code is often wrong

Hi all,

I have a DSC-1555 panel with the EVL3.

I am able to arm and disarm it via a scene, and that works well.

The keypad does have a “Stay” versus "Away"arming mode. The difference is that the Away sounds a beeper for a minute to allow you to exit. The stay does not sound such a beeper. There may be other differences in grace periods and such, but, none that I can discern.
There are no motion sensors in the DSC system.

I want to setup PLEG to do something if the unit was armed with STAY as opposed to AWAY. For example, if the unit was armed with STAY and a garage door was opened, I want to throw an alarm. If it was armed with AWAY, and the garage is opened… this doesn’t warrant an alarm.

The problem is the plugin isn’t reporting status codes correctly nor can it differentiate between a stay versus away arming. I get 841 “Trouble Status (LED OFF)” whenever the panel is armed stay or away. The EVL3 webpage (local domain) shows “away armed” even when it’s armed for stay. Every page seems to disagree with reality. This does not seem correct.

So, basically, I have 2 questions:

1. How can I detect AWAY versus STAY with a 1555 and EVL3?

2. why are the codes not right?

I also was attempting to program with PLEG and got stumped by the no “AWAY” code. It would be helpful if someone had the answer for this.

Seems to be no answer…frustrating.

I am close to ripping out every node and doing a large eBay sale in one lot. I have spent so much time trying to make basic crap work on this system, it’s just not worth it anymore.

[quote=“mikoz, post:1, topic:190680”]The keypad does have a “Stay” versus "Away"arming mode. The difference is that the Away sounds a beeper for a minute to allow you to exit. The stay does not sound such a beeper. There may be other differences in grace periods and such, but, none that I can discern.
There are no motion sensors in the DSC system. [/quote]

You do have at least one zone defined in the alarm system as an internal - stay zone right? If you don’t have a zone setup that way, then the alarm system will never go into Stay. There would be functionally no difference between Stay and Away, so the alarm panel aalways goes into Away, regardless of the button/function call to Stay. You could likely create a dummy zone if you don’t have hardware for an internal zone…