Cannot delete corrupted Ezlo scenes / Meshbot rules

These scenes / rules are on the Ezlo Plus controller the one with the serial number 90000400.

There are 5 controllers on my account in total.

Got it! that’s good info, at the moment I would need you to enable remote access on that controller and that would be it. (Keep in mind that when you tap the toggle button it will not stay green and visually it will revert back but it will be actually enabled.)

Let me know when that’s done to proceed.

That button seems to work OK in the Android Vera mobile app, its turned ON and has remained turned ON and green.

Oh ok, thanks!

The scenes were removed, please take a look and let me know if you see the same on your end just to confirm.

I’ll remain attentive.

How did you remove the scenes? Is it something I can do myself somehow if this happens again?

I have checked and those four rules have now been removed.

Thanks

Well… yes, you can use the following script made by one of my colleagues but I modified it in order to delete scenes.

Here it is: remove_scenes.zip (950 Bytes)

You can either SCP that file into your eZLO and then follow the commented instructions in the file or perhaps just create a file in your eZLO through SSH and then just copy and paste the script.

If you have questions about it let me know!

Great thank you I will keep that handy.

Alexey is also looking in to this issue now, I just sent him the storage.bin file he asked for off the controller.

Just tried to use the script to remove a scene but I am seeing this, any ideas?

I am using the _id of the Scene obtained from the Online API Tool.

Thanks

That’s weird… it does actually have the reserved word there.

Would you mind enabling remote access once more?

@Leonardo_Soto

OK I enabled it.

Most of the scenes left on this controller I cannot edit or delete. And these were not using LUA scripts in their actions either.

I am moving to a new Ezlo Plus hub as this old one seems to have issues now

The only difference is that at the end of the code you were missing an “echo” after I typed it in, it started working, I left the script there if you want to check it out and the scene you were trying to remove is no longer there.

Great thank you again !

Leonardo the script is now working and deleting scenes thanks.

Did you update the script posted into this forum thread also?

If other users want to download and use it etc.

Hi there!

The script I uploaded is ok, perhaps when you copied and pasted it the last reserved word was missing, but I actually downloaded the one uploaded here and it was ok.

If you have more problems with scenes or so let me know.

1 Like

@Leonardo_Soto @Oscar.Morales

I am trying to use this script again today, but on a new Ezlo hub and I am getting the same error as before.

I downloaded the script again from this forum post and placed it in to the /tmp dir on the hub etc.

Not sure why this is happening?

Are you able to take a look for me again please ?

Thanks

Hi there!

Would you mind letting me know the serial number? also, enable remote access.
I will check!

Done

This is the corrupted scene I need to delete

sh remove_scenes.sh 1f09533123e4312d9310c2e

Name is “Globe Big Lamp Toggle”

Hi!

Sorry for the delay, I’ve been caught up with some things.

I was finally able to access the controller and execute the script without problems, I reckon that the problem is when you transfer the file directly with WinSCP or something like it because what I do is create a SH file and then copy an paste the code I previously shared.

After doing so I execute the script with the id of the scene.

Yeah I agree, as I did copy the .sh file using WinScp to the new controller. Likely some permissions issue or something.

In the Ezlogic web GUI I can see the corrupted scene in question has now been deleted.

Thank you.

Anytime! what you can do is just place the file in a different folder so it can stay there even after reloads instead of storing it in the TMP folder.

Let me know if you further assistance or require something in particular! :slightly_smiling_face: