"Cannot arm/disarm without PIN code"

Greetings cybermage!

I love the new version of the EVL3 plugin - thank you again for continuing to improve and support this. Yesterday I removed my Vista 15P panel and replaced it with a 20P, with the newest firmware. I completely removed and re-installed the app from the “app store”, and after a bit of a learning curve, I got it working. The only problem I’m having is that it seems the Partition devices in the Vera won’t save the PIN codes permanently, so after a while I can’t arm or disarm either partition. I go into the device properties, enter the PIN, and click the “Store” button - and the value will hold for a while, but I have timed events that run during the day, and these do not fire. When I watch the UI of the Vera, I see this message about not having the PIN code show up in blue at the top. Would you know of something that might be causing this?

I’ll be happy to provide any debugging logs or info that you need - just tell me what to do! :slight_smile:

Thanks so much!

First of all… The version available from the App Marketplace (Apps/Install apps) is not the latest version… So, go to the “Latest Version” thread and install the latest version.

There is a known issue with the latest Vera firmware that is affecting variable storage… Unfortunately, there is nothing the plugin can do to alleviate the issue.

When you create a scene, the arm action is created without a PIN code… The plugin uses the stored pin, if it was saved. You can go to the scene editor, click on the “edit” button for your scene, select “Advanced editor”… and enter the pincode you need into requestArmMode action (replace the “undefined” with your 4 digit pin (user code). Then click on “Done”, then “Finish”.

The LuaUPnP engine will reload… Once reloaded, go back into the advanced editor and make sure the pin has been saved… If it did not save, try again… It may take several tries to get the value to save. (This is the issue noted above…)