Cannot add Vera Lite to myMiOS

I’m a new Vera user and have so far had a reasonably smooth journey.

I’m trying to add my Vera unit to myMiOS though and having absolutely no luck.

1. I’ve created a myMiOS account.
  2. I’m logged in whilst connected to my home network
  3. My Vera appears as “New Vera systems on your home network”
  4. I click “Add to MiOS account”
  5. It takes me to a loading screen and then onto my local home page: http://192.168.0.XX/cmh/
  6. I go back to myMiOS and hit the same point as step 3!!!

What on earth am I doing wrong? It seems so very simple yet it just won’t add!

I’ve tried doing it on my phone, in Firefox and in IE.

I’m having the same problem - did you ever find a resolution?

I’m having the same issue! What should I try?

Hi all,

First of all, in order to help you further, can you tell me what UI do you have?

• Andrei -

You should can try to login via link below. It should allow you to add unassigned unit to your account…

First login here: Login

If you enter an old password format - no special characters required for UI5 you will be taken to…
https://cp.mios.com/login.php

If you enter the new password format - with special characters required for UI6 you will be taken to…
https://home.getvera.com/dashboard/display

If you have upgrade to UI6, and you will need to recover your password for your account it can be done here:
https://home.getvera.com/users/recover.

Sorry. It took a while before my post went live and I since fixed the issue.

As my Vera was brand new it obviously shipped with instructions on upgrading to UI6 Firmware 1.6.641. Which as far as I’m aware is still in Beta stage. Thus the whole interface seemed very very clunky.

Problem was that the old mios login (MiOS) is not compatible with UI6. My understanding is that there will be a new login etc for UI6.

I have now downgraded to UI5 Firmware 1.5.xxx and all is well in the world. The interface is smooth and how I expected and I was able to add my Vera immediately via the original login method. All is working fine now.

Sorry. Should have read the other posts in detail. What Brientim said seems to be true. I think I’ll stick with UI5 for a bit at this stage!

I am having the same problem i think, but i may have overdone it.

On the “getvera.com” I have set up a username “jimoverstreet” with my email address and a “new password format” (including a special character) when first set my veralite up, and can use the new ui6 dashboard as well as the “advanced”

then when trying to figure out how to remotely access, i set up a “cp.mios.com” account with the same “jimoverstreet” username and email address, but different “old password format” (no special character).

i get the same reaction above on the mios.com system. do i need to delete the “mios.com” account or how do i do that. how do i register on the new iu6 so that i can use remotely with iPhone or whatever?

Any help is appreciated-

Jim

cp.mios.com is for UI5 only. If you are on UI5 1.5.622 on your vera you use this service. If you are on UI6 1.6.641 you will need to use getvera.com. They will not work interchangeably.

• Garrett

I have the same problem. The dashboard says No devices have been added to this account. Then after clicking on Assign device and the following it is written Unit added to account, but the dashboard exactly says the same like before. What am I doing wrong?

Kai

Vera 3, Firmware 1.6.641

Contact MCV for assistance.

• Garrett

Hello kaihawaii,
We looked into your issue. You bought your unit from ebay but it seems this unit was from a lot with a different destination and had different settings. We have updated the servers to accept your unit and you will be able to add it now to your account.

If you have any more issues leave a message on the forum or contact support.

Vlad

[quote=“kaihawaii, post:10, topic:179629”]I have the same problem. The dashboard says No devices have been added to this account. Then after clicking on Assign device and the following it is written Unit added to account, but the dashboard exactly says the same like before. What am I doing wrong?

Kai

Vera 3, Firmware 1.6.641[/quote]

Thank you Vlad, it is now working very well. That’s how I imagine customer support!
Kai

Hi,

I’m having the same issues that many others have had in this thread:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,23376.0.html

I’m a new Vera user and have so far had a reasonably smooth journey.
I’m trying to add my Vera unit to myMiOS though and having absolutely no luck.

1. I’ve created a myMiOS account.
  2. I’m logged in whilst connected to my home network
  3. My Vera appears as “New Vera systems on your home network”
  4. I click “Add to MiOS account”
  5. It takes me to a loading screen and then onto my local home page: http://192.168.0.XX/cmh/
  6. I go back to myMiOS and hit the same point as step 3!!!

What on earth am I doing wrong? It seems so very simple yet it just won’t add!
I’ve tried doing it on my phone, in Firefox and in IE.

I see the issue was resolved by Vlad who I’m hoping can also assist- I want to be able to access vera remotely but at this point i can only do it from within the house.

Any one have another way to help?

Thanks,

Hi

Will you please send an email with your issue to support@getvera.com so we can try to help you ?

Hi Chris,

I did exactly that- still having same issue where the unit won’t add.
Note: I am behind another router with my Vera 3.

I’ve read in forums about possibly opening ports to access Vera 3 from outside my network.

Also, I’ve read other items where disabling vera 3 firewall (and DCHP server) is something to try?

I don’t want to do anything at this point but open to try with a little guidance.

Thanks,

What UI are you running Dan?

New guy here. Bought my unit from tiger direct and it came pre-loaded with You are running the latest version: 1.6.641 and I MiOs won’t allow me to add my unit. It “sees” it and brings up the unit number, but when I click to add the unit it just goes into some sort of infinite loop. Big reason I bought the unit is being able to check in on my home when I’m away.

Can’t add unit to MiOs → no app on smart phone → unit goes back and I take my business to another company.

Anyone able to successfully get a 1.6.641 unit to work with MiOs and the apps.

Also the new interface won’t let me add another user…always fails to add user.

Trying to add Vera Lite v1.5.286 to my existing MIOS account with VERA 3 v 1.5.622

under ACCOUNT/VERAS/“Unassigned units in the same network”

i can see the ID number of the new (Vera Lite ) unit with button “Add unit”
pushing the button just get :“Connecting to unit, please wait” without any further results.

Thanks