Can this work without vera?

Hello

Can these work without Vera, I ordered mine because of your project and I can’t wait until it is delivered to test it

Can you give me a sample sketch for the gw that only prints to serial what is received from sensors?

Thank you so much and keep up the fantastic work

[quote=“Kastarist, post:1, topic:179996”]Hello

Can these work without Vera, I ordered mine because of your project and I can’t wait until it is delivered to test it

Can you give me a sample sketch for the gw that only prints to serial what is received from sensors?

Thank you so much and keep up the fantastic work[/quote]

The SerialGateway just prints the radio data received on the serial link. So this will work even if you don’t have it plugged into Vera. If you want it to work stand-alone you should assign static radioIds to your sensors (because vera plugin handles this logic normally). Also you won’t be able to request any stored variable values from vera side from your sensors (naturally).

We will eventually release a stand-alone Raspberry version of the gateway that also acts as a minimalistic controller.

thank you for the quick reply

did that and it looks its coming through

i used two sensors the humidity (7) and relay actu *8)

but i do not get any data

I only get these on the gw serial (i excluded the Debug)
FROM;ChildID;MsgTYPE_TYPE_DATA_
8;3;2;2;
7;255;4;13;
8;3;2;2;
7;255;4;13;
8;3;2;2;
7;255;4;13;
8;3;2;2;
7;255;4;13;
8;3;2;2;
7;255;4;13;
8;3;2;2;
7;255;4;13;

sorry if im asking silly questions :slight_smile:

Hek, could you give a list of all the supported commands from/to the gateway? I will try to implement a script or an app that can mock a vera. Should make testing easier.

@Kastarist
Your sensor is trying to fetch configuration from Vera (unit Metric/Imperial). Try to remove the followinf line from Humidity/Temp sensor example:
metric = gw.isMetricSystem();

@aPl
For a list of commands, have a look at Sensor.h. The “documentation” on how these commands are being handled/interpreted on the vera side is L_Arduino.lua.

Did you ever figure this out? I’m trying to send Hello World to my Gateway and it is not working! I swear I know it has to be something simple

Full Serial protocol is available at the mysensors.org site. http://www.mysensors.org/build/sensor_api#the-serial-protocol