Can’t connect my EZLO hub to Alexa after removing my Vera Life

For more than a year I successfully used the Alexa Integration through my Vera Light. I finally made the plunge and moved all my devices over to the EZLO hub, and removed my Vera. We made great use of the Alexa interface for more than 1 year, and I would like to get it going on the EZLO unit. Unfortunately I it tells me that there are no controllers on my account! My EZLO unit shows an Alex device but it does not work. When I try to delete it, it won’t allow it. Seems like I am stuck with being unable to use it. Anyone have any ideas? Thinking this might be a result of not removing it from the Vera before removing that hub.

Hello Grwebster,

In order to set up Alexa to control your devices with your new Ezlo Plus controller, follow the instructions below:

1. Go to the “Amazon Alexa” mobile app and log in with your e-mail and password.
  2. On the lower-right part of the screen, tap on “More” > Select “Skills & Games” > then search for “Ezlo Smart Home Control” skill.

1. ​Enable the skill > you will be redirected to Vera to authenticate, please enter your VeraMobile username and password. When prompted, tap on “Allow” to use this third-party service.

1. You will see the list of available devices in your Ezlo controller > Select your device and enter your custom name > then scroll down and tap “Finish”

1. You’ll get a confirmation screen displaying “Your Ezlo Smart Home Control account has been successfully linked” > tap “Close”.

1. Back to the Alexa App > tap on “Discover Devices” or ask Alexa through voice command to “Discover Devices”.

If Alexa does not discover your device, please follow these instructions:

• Open your Vera account through home.getvera.com

• Before clicking on connect, please go to the top right corner and click on the arrow next to the name you can see there.

• Click on “Manage Alexa eZLo.”

• Checkmark the devices you would like to use.

• After doing this, make sure all the devices are being shown, and select Finish at the end.

Now, you can access your Alexa account or ask Alexa to discover devices.

PD: In case you see nothing, wait for a bit and refresh the page.

If you need to continue troubleshooting, please let us know and we will create a support ticket to assist you.

Thanks for the instructions. I was still using the Vera app, and expected it would work with the EZLO hub. I am connected now. Thanks!

2 Likes