Can only login through My Vera portal, local login no longer works

Not sure when this happened, probably after I re-associated my VeraLite with the portal account…but I can no longer log in locally to it using the IP address on my home PC, it won’t authenticate and continues to pop the login prompt back at me. If I connect through the remote portal on the same computer, it will connect and log me in. Is this a “feature” now, or is something broken here?

You must have turned on “Secure my Vera”
Under → User & Account Info → Unit Settings.

This requires you to Authenticate with your GetVera account before you can access your Vera.

Actually I checked that, and it’s not enabled (unselected)…it’s odd, even when I log in from the Vera website and connect, the local login prompt pops up, but if I leave it alone, a few seconds later it logs into my Vera anyways.

I recently ran into a similar issue after updating my password. Somehow the hash in /etc/lighttpd.users got garbled.

If you have ssh access you can follow the instructions on reply #6 (by garrettwp) of this thread.

I’m assuming your sure the IP address hasn’t changed either right. Or some cashed/cookie issue in your browser?

No it’s a static address…it just declines the login credentials and keeps presenting the login dialog (tried different browsers)…but if I connect through the portal it will pass me through.

I will have to build up the courage to start fiddling via ssh…I’m not linux-adept, definitely wouldn’t want to dork something up.

[quote=“dgold21, post:6, topic:188072”]No it’s a static address…it just declines the login credentials and keeps presenting the login dialog (tried different browsers)…but if I connect through the portal it will pass me through.

I will have to build up the courage to start fiddling via ssh…I’m not linux-adept, definitely wouldn’t want to dork something up.[/quote]

or you can call MCV and they will be more then glad to fix it for you.

[quote=“aechelon, post:4, topic:188072”]I recently ran into a similar issue after updating my password. Somehow the hash in /etc/lighttpd.users got garbled.

If you have ssh access you can follow the instructions on reply #6 (by garrettwp) of this thread.[/quote]

This did the trick, I’m back in locally…thanks!