Can not find USB drive for Datamine 2

Greetings,

For the last couple of hours I have been trying to setup datamine 2 on my vera plus, but I can not get it to work.

-A Kigston 8GB data traveler , formated on a windows 10 machine with FAT32 and labeled datamine.
-plugged the USB drive in vera plus
-installed the datamine 2 plugin.

When I click the link to see the GUI of datamine I get a prompt to select the USB UUID, but nothing to select there.

On other threads I have read ( and done) this:

1. Make sure the stick is formatted as fat32 in a computer, then plug into Vera.

2. Edit the following variables as follows:
    SetDataDirectory add /dataMine/
    SetMountUUID add USB UUID
    SetMountPoint usually /dev/sda1 (if you don’t have other things plugged into Vera)

3. Reload engine (Settings->Z-wave settings-> Advanced → Reload engine)

I think my USB UUID is:
{4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
I found this with disk manager, properties on the flash drive , display GUID.

Still I get the prompt to select the USB UUID after the above procedure.

What else can I do?

The vera GUI has some diskspace for datamine , but I suspect this is on the vera plus itself :-s
( see attachment)

I hope someone has an idea to solve this.

Thanks,
Cor

I think I got succes , took me a while …

My borther in law pointed me in this direction:
[url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36578.msg329691.html#msg329691]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36578.msg329691.html#msg329691[/url]

And I followed this:

1. Plug a usb drive into the Vera. 2. In a browser, go to Settings ? Logs, click on "store logs on usb device". Vera will create and format the 1st partition on your USB stick and automatically reboot. 3. Go back into Settings ? Logs then turn off storing logs on usb device. Vera will reboot. 4. ssh into your Vera as root, password is on the bottom of device. If this is your first time, accept the key. Also, change your password with the passwd command. 5. Create 2nd partition 5.1. fdisk -l #should see /dev/sda1 (and likely a bunch of errors on mtdblock devices, ignore them) 5.2. fdisk /dev/sda #run interactively 5.2.1. p #to see partition table 5.2.2. n #to create 2nd partition 5.2.3. p #create partition as primary 5.2.4. 2 #create 2nd partition, leaving Vera?s alone 5.2.5. Select defaults to use all the rest of the usb drive for the 2nd partition or enter ending cylinder. Don?t mess with the starting cylinder. 5.2.6. p #confirm 2nd partition parameters 5.2.7. w #write new partition table; may get a warning but mine still worked 6. Reboot Vera manually from Settings ? Net & Wifi, then click the Reboot button. Ssh back into the Vera. 7. Check for the 2nd partition 7.1. fdisk -l #errors on mtdblock devices but should show /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2 8. Format the 2nd partition as FAT with a label 8.1. mkfs.vfat -n datamine /dev/sda2 #label is ?datamine? or use whatever you want 8.2. mkdir /datamine #can use any directory name 8.3. mount /dev/sda2 /datamine #but use same name here 8.4. df -h #to show filesystems; should see /dev/sda2 9. Test copy a file to /datamine 9.1. cp /mios_constants.sh /datamine 9.2. cat /datamine/mios_constants.sh #should work 9.3. rm /datamine/mios_constants.sh #remove file 10. Back in the web interface, go into the dataMine device, click Advanced, then click on Variables. 11. Click on the ?switch to input type text? for SetDataDirectory and set to /datamine/ (or whatever directory you used in mkdir) then click a blank spot elsewhere on that page. 12. Click on the ?switch to input type text? for SetMountPoint and set to /dev/sda2 then click a blank spot elsewhere on that page. 13. Reboot Vera. 14. Go to the Vera's DataMine web page - you should be able to enable devices for logging.

The Datamine Gui doesn’t ask for a drive now , and also the diskspace looks more sensible ( see attachment).

Hi

What happens when your Vera reboots?

Will it automount, or do you have to redo the mounting manually?