Can I replicate Vera Alerts on my PC ?

I very often look at my Vera Alerts to see what is happening with my system. It would be very useful to be able to access that information on the PC too. Quite often i want to check what messages have been sent, but my phone is on another floor… I can see when the last message has been sent on the Vera Alerts device, but it would be good to be able to see exactly what is on your phone, so all the messages with timestamps. Is that possible ?

I set up a profile in veraalerts to send me emails as well

Yes that would work, but i would rather have it in a seperate app or window, rather than having mails from Vera mixed in with my other emails. I could have a Vera specific email account i guess. But would it be difficult to have a app or program which receives these messages too ?

Building apps take time and resources. Richard would have to build an app. You might want to look into push bullet.

• Garrett

I use Vera alerts and Pushalot to get the alerts on my win8 machine. It does growl style notifications, but it also keeps track of them. It’s not quite as functional as veraAlerts with the sounds and such, but it works.

You could use Pushover on VeraAlerts and set up Pushover on your desktop - Pushover: Pushover for Desktop

I use push bullett already and really like it. But i never have more than 2 or max 3 notifications on my desktop, and no history unfortunately. Maybe its possible to set it up to do that but i have not seen anything in the settings. I’ll have another look though, maybe it is possible ?
Pushover might be something else worth looking into, had a quick look on the web link you have put on here, looks interesting.

[quote=“mikee123, post:7, topic:184888”]I use push bullett already and really like it. But i never have more than 2 or max 3 notifications on my desktop, and no history unfortunately. Maybe its possible to set it up to do that but i have not seen anything in the settings. I’ll have another look though, maybe it is possible ?
Pushover might be something else worth looking into, had a quick look on the web link you have put on here, looks interesting.[/quote]
Pushalot keeps a history on the computer (or it could be that it pulls it from their server when you open the app). It’s not really easy to “Sort” or filter, but it’s another option at least.

nice, was not aware they had created a desktop app, thanks

@SirMeili that was what i had in mind. The timestamps could be with an absolute time and more precise, but this is pretty good. Is it easy to set up ?

Yup. pretty easy. Just sign up at pushalot.com and enter the information in vera alerts and then install the win8 app.

Ah. Pushalot requires Win 8… i am still on Win 7 and hate Win 8. So that rules it out for me. I am looking at pushover at the moment, but cant get that to work at the moment with the push notification plugin. Not sure about the push plugin anyway, i cleaned out a few unused devices and the push plugin a couple of days ago. Ever since the delays in commands i had which could be anything up to 1 minute ! have disappeared and my Vera is back to normal. But if they delays copme back after i reinstalled it i know where it came from and i’ll just have to get rid of it again.

Windows 8 is the same once you install the free 6Mb file from http://www.classicshell.net/

Currently running 8.1 for “storage spaces”

That looks interesting, I will look into it. But still not sure if I really want to upgrade my perfectly fine running Win 7. But this seems to make Win 8 more like Win7, great find.

IMHO, the “good” in win8 is worth the “bad” (I use Start8 to have a start menu ($5) instead of classic shell, but I’ve been a long time customer of Stardock since windowblinds 1).

Heck, just the task manager is worth it to me :slight_smile:

I’m holding out for Windows 10. Win8 is great for tablets but not so much for desktops. :slight_smile: Even with a 24" touchscreen monitor (test setup at work) As we did a hardware refresh/Win7 rollout end of last year, I doubt a Windows 8 upgrade is in the cards as we had enough problems getting people to get used to the changes from XP to Win7.

for those wondering what the pushover client looks like

I use MightyText to send/receive SMS from my PC. It also forwards phone notifications to Google Chrome. So when I receive a VeraAlert notification on my phone, it pops up on my desktop. I like it.

You can use Pushbullet profile (new in 6.31)
This has an app for all the mobile platforms … and you can see it on a Web Browser on your desktop.

Pushbullet works nice