Can anyone recommend a Zwave compatible blind?

So I would like to install 3 seperate motorized blinds all controllable by my Vera Edge running UI7. I don’t want to reinvent the wheel here. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what manufacturer to go with for a blind with motorized slats. don’t necessarily need them to raise or lower, more interested in the (lets say) 2" slats being able to vary from 0-100% open.

I’ve come across Bali blinds and Graber Blinds which look like they can do the trick and found a very informative youtube video on the inclusion process.

Thanks for any help
John

About 2 months ago I got a Graber Z-wave shade for one window. I’m able to control it from my Vera Plus - I added it as “generic Z-wave device” but it appears as a window covering. There is one annoying problem, it frequently says “device not responding” and then “device responding again”.

I also bought an Everspring ST815 Z-wave light sensor, which I have also set up in Vera, I’m currently setting up light-based control of the shade, it looks promising.

I have Qubino Flush Shutter. Works with no problems

The current iteration of the Bali AutoView blinds (from blinds.com) also work well with Z-wave +. They and the Graber blinds (mentioned earlier) use motors and controllers from Springs Window Fashions, who in turn use Somfy motors as their supplier.

[quote=“timtownsend, post:2, topic:196251”]About 2 months ago I got a Graber Z-wave shade for one window. I’m able to control it from my Vera Plus - I added it as “generic Z-wave device” but it appears as a window covering. There is one annoying problem, it frequently says “device not responding” and then “device responding again”.

I also bought an Everspring ST815 Z-wave light sensor, which I have also set up in Vera, I’m currently setting up light-based control of the shade, it looks promising.[/quote]

Under the settings tab, change the polling frequency to 0. It should fix this problem…

I can’t recommend the Lutron Serena shades enough. (Battery powered). They regularly have 20% sales, great fit guarantees, and provide free controllers on bulk orders. Their controllers can be accessed through Vera pretty easily.

Truth in lending:
I have 5x roller shades
I have 3x honeycomb shades

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have several window coverings from zwavemotors.com and all work great and are very reliable. They are true z-wave and everything is built into the motor. Now looking into replacing the motors in the Hunter-Douglas blinds (9) with these motors instead of controlling them with wall-wart remotes plugged into z-wave receptacles. Vendor is assisting and feels it will work for us.

Via a bridge + plug-in?

On the Hunter Douglas (assuming these are hard wired), why not just replace the controller with Qubino and leave the motors?

I also use these and they are great. I made some you tube videos when I first installed them using imperihome and some homeseer switches to control them.

and

These are like 315.00 each from HomeDepot. The bali autoview black out double cell. Batteries still show 100% with 2 months usage with atleast opening and closing once a day sometimes more.

Yes, I agree with Dzmiller, you should try to replace the controller. My friend had recently renovated his house and installed new impact windows miami and doors in the house. He took the helpful hints from the professionals who replaced the motor and made the window blinds work perfectly with remote access. You can try some DIY methods or get the help from the experts, as they can guide you in the best way possible.