Hi Everyone. Once I realized that there were separate Alexa skills for Vera hubs vs. EZLO hubs, I was able to get the integration working to some degree again. I do have a couple of outstanding issues though. I used to be able to turn off all my lights including Wifi and zwave with one routine on the Alexa, but with the current setup on EZLO, I can only see the WiFi devices. Is there a way to get the Zwave devices to show up? Maybe there is a work-around?
Hi @Grwebster for Ezlo hubs to work with Alexa and google home assistants we have the EzloVOI feature, I suggest you follow these steps to enroll to Ezlo VOI and if you have any problem please contact us via email at email@example.com so that we can give you a more personalized support.
Hi @Grwebster I just came across with a previous post that you made where a colleague sent you some instructions to connect Ezlo to Alexa from the Amazon Alexa app, please create a support ticket (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we can investigate better on the problem that you’re having.
Alexa Voi is installed and has Alexa has access to the WiFi devices, but not the Zwave devices. I used to be able to access them on my Vera. Should I be able to access the Zwave devices using alexa?
Hi @Grwebster. Yes, your controller should be able to expose (supported) Z-Wave and Zigbee devices to Alexa through either the Vera Smart Home Control or Ezlo Smart Home Control on the Skills & Games tab on the app. Simply enable the skill, login through Vera, and you should be prompted to select the devices paired with your Ezlo that you wish to port over to Alxa for voice control.
Let us know if you come across any issues in doing so and we’ll replicate and escalate accordingly.
The above explanation is not clear, today I am using Vera and Alexa, in order to select devices which will be controlled by Alexa I am using the Vera web interface.
I also have Ezlo Plus and before moving all my Z-Wave devices I am trying to find how will I be able to control them with Alexa? Is there s guide ?
Ezlo has no WebUi so how will I select which devices will be exposed to Alexa?
Take note that Alexa will give you voice control over much of your home. Due to security and safety considerations, however, certain devices are prohibited at this time and won’t work with it or are limited functionality-wise. https://support.getvera.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036816153-Amazon-Alexa-Device-SupportIn .
In order to set up Alexa to control your Zwave devices with your eZlo Plus Controller, follow the instructions below,
- Go to the “Amazon Alexa” mobile app and log in with your e-mail and password.
- On the lower-right part of the screen, tap on “More” > Select “Skills & Games” > then search for “Ezlo Smart Home Control” skill.
- Enable the skill > you will be redirected to Vera to authenticate, please enter your VeraMobile username and password. When prompted, tap on “Allow” to use this third-party service.
- You will see the list of available devices in your Ezlo controller > Select your device and enter your custom name > then scroll down and tap “Finish”
- You’ll get a confirmation screen displaying “Your Ezlo Smart Home Control account has been successfully linked” > tap “Close”.
- Back to the Alexa App > tap on “Discover Devices” or ask Alexa through voice command to “Discover Devices”.
If Alexa does not discover your device, please follow these instructions:
- Open your Vera account through home.getvera.com
- Before clicking on connect, please go to the top right corner and click on the arrow next to the name you can see there.
- Click on “Manage Alexa eZLo.”
- Checkmark the devices you would like to use.
- After doing this, make sure all the devices are being shown, and select Finish at the end.
Now, you can access your Alexa account or ask Alexa to discover devices.
PD: In case you see nothing, wait for a bit and refresh the page.
If you need to continue troubleshooting, please let us know and we will create a support ticket to assist you.
Thanks for the detailed instructions.
One question, will I be able to see only devices or also scenes?
In your Amazon Scenes tab, all Vera Scenes will be listed by name. If you signal Alexa and then say a Scene name, the Scene will be executed.
For example, for a Scene called “Outside Lights” that turns on and off the outside lights, you can say “Alexa, turn on Outside Lights,” and the Scene will be triggered, also I attached this guide: https://support.getvera.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036666513-Quick-Guide-to-Setting-up-Amazon-Alexa-with-Vera-
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any more questions or issues.
How did you connect Alexa and ezlo?
I’m sorry I’ve found it.