Cameras present - Vera reports error

Three Foscam cameras connected - functioning properly (more or less).
Dashboard / Devices report “Can’t detect device.”
Juat an annoyance for now - any idea on how to remove?

Thx

[quote=“Edd, post:1, topic:183494”]Three Foscam cameras connected - functioning properly (more or less).
Dashboard / Devices report “Can’t detect device.”
Juat an annoyance for now - any idea on how to remove?

Thx[/quote]

Bump… I have three outside Foscams with this error :-).

I get the same thing on mine. I’m using UI7 (whatever is latest released), and FI9831W (which was a total pain to get working right with PTZ).

When the device not responding flag shows up and I track it down to the camera, I am seemingly able to make the problem go away for some time (days?) by clicking the snapshot button on that cam image. It saves the snap and suddenly the device is detected again. Seems to be good for a day or 3 in my case, after which the cycle repeats. I should probably sift thru logs next time it happens, but I’m apparently lazy.

I have a similar issue with a POS TP-Link camera that I use in my garage. It works and I am able to view everything, so I just go to the advanced settings and change the Comm Failure to a 0. This fixes it for a couple of days as well.

I had a similar issue with the garage door plugin but changing the Comm Failure to 0 fixed that one for good. No issues at all since.

A tip was provided earlier this week that I applied to my complaining cameras (that otherwise work fine)…

MCV support suggested a change to the following parameter: CommFailure

Try setting CommFailure to “0” :-).

[quote=“hmspain, post:5, topic:183494”]A tip was provided earlier this week that I applied to my complaining cameras (that otherwise work fine)…

MCV support suggested a change to the following parameter: CommFailure

Try setting CommFailure to “0” :-).[/quote]

A funny side note… I didn’t know the UI7 icon could even BE the color green until I did this! LOL “Your installation is OK”! Seriously?

Would be interesting to know what causes it to get into that condition.

As some point in your Vera “career”, you will stop asking why, and just be thankful that it “works” LOL. I think I lost my curiosity around VeraLite somewhere…

PacketMouse,
What was the trick to get pan and tilt working with the FI9831W? I am getting an error “Not Implemented” when I try to use that feature, can you provide some specific settings that work?

Ha! I can believe it even after first exposure to it (setting up / using it)… and by the number of browser tabs I end up opening every time I need to research how the heck to get to work.

Fortunately, other than the few odd issues like this, it’s been reasonably stable so far.