Caddx nx-584e & ComNav

Hi there,

Prior to installing ComNav v81.0 was working great for 2 plus years. Communication appears to be working but Zone & Event log fail, I’ve attached filtered log.

I’m sure it got something to do with the ComNav I’ll try to disconnect it on the weekend to confirm.

Gus…

A lot of your log consists of the plugin and the panel talking past each other. There are a lot of 0x1E (negative acknowledge) messages from the panel which means that it is getting only part of a message. Something is probably interfering with the serial connection. Maybe it is ComNav (I’ve never heard of ComNav), or maybe your serial connection was always borderline and Installing ComNav has tipped the signal into out of spec territory.

Thanks futzle,

The log was using a usb to serial direct from Vera, and after some time and a change down to 9600 it started working?

I had the same problem years ago when trying to use a Global Cache IP2SL, it too had ion consistent data that cleaned itself up over time. I did confirm that it work more reliably and quicker using the usb to serial route.

I’ve since changed to another IP to serial device (JayCar/Digitech) which now appears to be working, though I had to manually enter the IP & port in the advanced tab.

BTW the Connection tab now appears to work… no error anymore? It still doesn’t work as there is no save or set ?

Gus…