Caddx Alarm system support

Hi
I know you are probably very busy. I would like to thank you for a great app.
Are you working on Caddx/ GE alarm support? If so do you have any projected time for release?
Thanks for your time.
Roger

Hey Roger,

Is the Caddx alarm working on Vera now?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

The Caddx plugin uses the same partition service as other alarm panels, so with any luck, once one alarm partition is supported, the others will be too without any further work.

The Cadxx Alarm is working for me in vera. It does not show anyware in HomeBuddy. Right now the only control I have in Home Buddy is through scenes.
I also failed to say I am running beta version 1.1.1298 on the vera. Don’t know if that would make a difference.

Please send me your user data and if possible some screenshots of the Vera UI so I can add support in Home Buddy. It would also help if you have some SSH and basic Unix knowledge as I would need some logs from Vera to figure out how to send the commands.

Thanks.

It has been many years since I have done unix. I am a programmer and electrical engineer by trade. I should be able to figure it out. Give me a few days to look at getting this info for you. Is there anything else you will need? As already pointed out by futzle it uses the same partition service as the DSC and the screens should be the same. As a matter of fact futzle would be more proficient at the skills required to get you the info but if he is too busy or unwilling then I will do what I can. Thanks for your willingness to help with getting this working.
Roger

@rogerdata I’d appreciate any help I can get. You can find instructions for obtaining user data here:

And to obtain the Vera logs, you’ll need to SSH into your Vera (on Windows you can use putty)

$ ssh root@
password:
$ tail -f /var/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log | grep ‘^08’

then execute some commands. Vera outputs logs every 3 or 4 commands so don’t be surprised if you don’t see anything on the first try. Copy the output to a text file and email them over.

Thanks in advance!

Did you ever get the email I sent? I sent it on 7/14. Hope I sent what you were looking for.
Roger

I did, thanks for sending it over. I’ll try to check it out soon, haven’t had much time lately.

Futzle has done a lot of great work on this plugin the past few months and something that I’ve noticed in Home Buddy - I am able to see my motion sensors as devices in Home Buddy - other devices in the alarm zone however, marked as doors I don’t see. The actual alarm and such I’ve never been able to see, so like others I use scenes to arm and dis-arm and then monitor based on the state of the motion sensors under devices to ensure it worked.
The reason I bring this up is because I find it interesting that I am able to see motion sensor zones as devices but not doors/window zones.

FYI, this will be fixed in the next release which, as of this writing, is currently in BETA. More info here.