CA600 problem

Greetings!

I have a bunch of Intermatic CA600 dimmer switches around my home. I’m steadily replacing them with Linear dimmers but that’s slow going. They’ve worked fine for several years, but now I’m having a weird problem with them. We had a power outage sometime in the past week, and now they’re all acting like they’re unpaired. Every single CA600 has that flashing LED at the top, which is how it looks before it’s included in a network. Why would a power outage do that? Is there any way to reinclude then into my Vera running UI5 without having to rename them and reprogram my scenes? If I put the Vera into include mode and include one of these switches, how will it show up? As a new device? As the old device?

I have the same problem from time to time. Sometimes the LEDs will flash and still be paired. You can check by tryingto operate the switch from the UI. Other times they actactually loose connection and you have to re pair them. Unfortunately they will be “new” devices and u will have to rename them. What sucks is when they are part of a scene and you have to add it back to the scene. I use pleg to trigger scenes that control both insteon and z wave devices. I have learned with the intermatic devices due to this problem to create desperate scenes for those nodes and group them with other scenes to make adding these nodes back simpler and less work if they loose connection. This also happens occasionally with my ca3750.

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I’m seeing the weirdness of the light when still included. Not sure what’s up with that. Ugh.

Oh well, I guess I’ll work harder to replace those switches!