Byron Double Sockets

I have about 20 Byron Home Easy double sockets that I picked up super cheap but I cannot see anyway to control them from within RFX/Vera. I can see support for the SX range, so does this mean that I cannot use these sockets with Vera?

Has anyone any ideas / workarounds?

If the 433MHz code has been decoded, you could build an Arduino-based interface that could be controlled from Vera via the IP network or the MySensors arrangement.

On a quick Google I see that there has been some interest in this:

[url=http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/HomeEasy]Arduino Playground - HomePage
[url=http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?23007-HomeEasy-Byron-433MHz-RF-decoding-with-a-Picaxe]http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?23007-HomeEasy-Byron-433MHz-RF-decoding-with-a-Picaxe[/url]

Ok so no simple cure other than adding an arduino interface? I thought it might not be so simple. I bought 20 double sockets @?10 each and were happily running on my previous HA system. I’m better off selling them and going LightwaveRF as the RFX should do those out of the box. Surprised no manufacturer makes Z wave sockets for the UK; I think there would be a market for those

Thanks for your reply Rex, much appreciated.

Surprised no manufacturer makes Z wave sockets for the UK; I think there would be a market for those

You would think so but I guess most of Europe is served with Shuko sockets and we are just a little island. :wink:

It is one thing that I have never needed. I generally build Fibaro modules into whatever I want to control rather than switch the sockets. Even for my workshop heating I put FGS-211 3kW modules behind the fused, switched, spur plates.

HomeEasy is supported by the RFXCOM RFXtrx433 and RFXtrx433E.
See chapter 2 in the RFXtrx User Guide for the list of supported devices.

Create an AC appliance or AC dimmer device and pair it with module.

You can also do a test using RFXmngr on a Windows system and connect the RFXtrx to this system.
If you also have HomeEasy remotes you can receive them if you enable the AC protocol. (transmit is always enabled)

[quote=“b_weijenberg, post:5, topic:185994”]HomeEasy is supported by the RFXCOM RFXtrx433 and RFXtrx433E.
See chapter 2 in the RFXtrx User Guide for the list of supported devices.

Create an AC appliance or AC dimmer device and pair it with module.

You can also do a test using RFXmngr on a Windows system and connect the RFXtrx to this system.
If you also have HomeEasy remotes you can receive them if you enable the AC protocol. (transmit is always enabled)[/quote]

Hi b_weijenberg,

I’ve looked at the manual, infact that was what prompted me to buy the RFX in the first place - it is a wonder gadget that appears to talk to mostly everything.

The instructions for the sockets reads, “Press the power switch 6 times when the controller is in learn mode”, whereas the RFX drop down menu is looking for a specific “Unit Code”. There are no selector switches on the socket, addressing appears to be done in logic. I’ve looked at plug in type sockets and they have these addressing switches.

Rex Becketts’ informative post smentions that a workaround might be to use an Arduino-based interface; this to me would indicate that it is quite a complex process getting the two devices to chat and so I would be better off going LightwaveRF. I would be very happy if you could prove me wrong :slight_smile:

The RFXtrx433E operates in fact the same as the HomeEasy remote so execute these 3 steps:

1 Press the power button on the HE109W 6 times to put the module in learning mode,
2 Select a random ID and Unit code for the device in the VERA plug-in,
3 Transmit an ON command (like you should do on a HE remote to pair the module.

You can control the module now with this configured VERA device.

Excellent! I will try this tomorrow, thank you.

Hello,
I also have one of these and another one on order, my question is do they always show up as “lights” in vera ? or can i enable it as something else ? (socket) or is this a dumb question ???