By default Vera should automatically configure devices

I want to prevent Vera from doing nighly heals. That is because I never know in what state my Vera is in the following morning and I also want my Vera to be fully functional at night. I believe that if I know that I haven’t changed anything (added, deleted or moved around z-wave devices) there should be no point of rebuilding the z-wave network.

So I’m thinking that unticking “By default Vera should automatically configure devices” will prevent nightly heals from running.

My 3 questions are

1. Will unchecking “By default Vera should automatically configure devices” prevent nightly heals from running.
  2. When I manually repair my Z-Wave network, will Vera still configure my devices after a sucessful heal even if “By default Vera should automatically configure devices” is unchecked, or should I have to temporalely check “By default Vera should automatically configure devices” to allow the configuration?
  3. Is checking “Use Vera routing instead of Z-Wave” generally better than leaving it unchecked.

I’m truly grateful for any help that I can get.

nobody knows ???

[quote=“farang, post:1, topic:184036”]1) Will unchecking “By default Vera should automatically configure devices” prevent nightly heals from running.[/quote] I think you want to uncheck Setup → Z-Wave Settings → Repair → Re-configure all the devices when done.

2) When I manually repair my Z-Wave network, will Vera still configure my devices after a sucessful heal even if "By default Vera should automatically configure devices" is unchecked
Yes. Just make sure that "Reconfigure all devices when done" is checked when you do the repair and uncheck it when you're done.
3) Is checking "Use Vera routing instead of Z-Wave" [i]generally better[/i] than leaving it unchecked.
This is usually the case, especially for large(150+ nodes) Z-Wave networks, and is why Micasaverde has this as a default.

@farang here is a thread that might be helpful:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,6898.msg43846.html#msg43846

[quote=“Z-Waver, post:3, topic:184036”][quote=“farang, post:1, topic:184036”]1) Will unchecking “By default Vera should automatically configure devices” prevent nightly heals from running.[/quote] I think you want to uncheck Setup → Z-Wave Settings → Repair → Re-configure all the devices when done.

2) When I manually repair my Z-Wave network, will Vera still configure my devices after a sucessful heal even if "By default Vera should automatically configure devices" is unchecked
Yes. Just make sure that "Reconfigure all devices when done" is checked when you do the repair and uncheck it when you're done.
3) Is checking "Use Vera routing instead of Z-Wave" [i]generally better[/i] than leaving it unchecked.
This is usually the case, especially for large(150+ nodes) Z-Wave networks, and is why Micasaverde has this as a default.[/quote]

Thank You Z-Waver.

1. It seems that the option I was looking for in order to turn off nighly heals is “Use Vera routing instead of Z-Wave (requires 4.5)” . Unchecking it seems to do the job for me.

I’m currently doing a new manual rebuild with all settings set to default values except for the “Use Vera routing instead of Z-Wave (requires 4.5)” which I unchecked. I will evaluate the result of that and if it seems stable enough I’ll probably leave it that way.

[quote=“mda, post:4, topic:184036”]@farang here is a thread that might be helpful:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,6898.msg43846.html#msg43846[/quote]

Thank You mda. That’s a good thread that gave me some better understanding.

Just for the sake of clarity, this does not disable nightly heals. This setting causes Vera and its Z-Wave nodes to utilize the Z-Wave routing technique, rather than Vera’s calculations. I suppose the distinction doesn’t matter if it works for you, but nightly heals will still be triggered and routes will be recalculated, just using a different algorithm.

Actually disabling this will stop the nightly heals.

• Garrett